new year/season plans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
well friends the year/season is coming to an end roughly 4 working weeks left, work is slowing down a bit over here,and i was wondering if any of you guys have any work related plans/ideas for the next year/season that you might like to share with us ie are any of attending a new course , or buying a new bit of machinery,do any of you plan on getting a new employer ,might any of you be packing in the tree biz, is anyone out there planning to take the plunge and start a biz of there own, that type of thing ..for the first time in 15 years i haven't got a single plan for the next year, i might update my stumper to a diesel model but thats about it..

best wishes rolla

how many months of work do you have in UK? Do you have 4 seasons or in US/Texas only 2.

Plans...

• Find inefficiencies in time and spending
  • Get a better handle on customer satisfaction
  • Sell more to the same customers
  • Maximize equipment usage
  • Retire aged equipment and vehicles
  • Reduce losses to theft

• Coordinate internal business processes

These are goals. Specific objectives are proprietary. :D

Plans

#1 Stay healthy, lost almost 1/2 season to stupid wrist
problems.

#2 More advertising to local tree companies as Insured Sub for hire, was somewhat established, but see # 1

#3 Continue education to give customers accurate and updated info when asked.

#4 Possibly more focus on replanting, already making the hole might as well replant it. Have the winter to consider it.
;)

charge more in the new year,other than that maybe look at a tow behind grinder.fiji for holidays 26-2nd

I am about to close out this year as well come Christmas time. In the Jan and Feb there is no work to be found here in frozen Deep Bavarian Superland.

My plans are to stick out what I am currently doing come march. Keep the contract climber business plan and enjoy the freedom of a low expense lifestyle.

In my down time, I plan on using my new snowboard (1 hr drive to the Alps :cool: ), travelling to TX for 3 weeks in Jan, and then off to Vietnam for a month in Feb. ;)

Here, with basically one season, summer all year long, we stay real busy. My plan, which I already implemented, is to raise prices about 15-20% so I won't be so busy. (I hope) I raised my prices about 5% this year and got more busy. I am adding another chipper truck, still negotiating with a couple of dealers. I was real close to closing with one, but then got a better offer. The first dealer is still in the running, should have a done deal in the next 10 days.

Nickrosis said:
Plans...

• Find inefficiencies in time and spending
  • Get a better handle on customer satisfaction
  • Sell more to the same customers
  • Maximize equipment usage
  • Retire aged equipment and vehicles
  • Reduce losses to theft

• Coordinate internal business processes

These are goals. Specific objectives are proprietary. :D

looks like you will be busy Nick :)

trzz said:
how many months of work do you have in UK? Do you have 4 seasons or in US/Texas only 2.

we have 4 seasons here trzz ,the usual bad/slow months for us are dec,jan feb, and sometimes march if your established like i am getting work shouldnt be too much of a problem i'm booking up work for end of jan and beggining of feb..

like most of you guys i shall be putting up the prices next year and aiming at getting more commercial and govermant contracts..i may also take a leaf or 2 out of Nicks book next year ..oh yeh i'm going to plant and climb more hopefully ..ahhh so i have found a few things to work on next year :)

ROLLACOSTA said:
ie are any of attending a new course , or buying a new bit of machinery,do any of you plan on getting a new employer ,might any of you be packing in the tree biz, is anyone out there planning to take the plunge and start a biz of there own, that type of thing

best wishes rolla

all of the above

netree said:
Plans...

MOVE OUT OF MASSACHUSETTS.

Erik, Really? Sounds like a big biz you'd be leaving behind -Which is neither here nor there-I've started over by choice-tough for a couple of years but it works. I can't blame anyone for fleeing the Commonwealthpillaging of Massachusetts- I decided long ago that I didn't want to go to Mass.Or S. Dakota-but SD just redeemed itself a little.

red tape/bureaucracy is everywhere in some shape or form, in all western country's and i guess US states..weather well it's either to wet ,to hot ,to cold ,to windy everywhere has it's good and bad weather .take over here monsoons and wind ,i lived in Australia imo one of the worst working climates imaginable 2 months of cool weather then its either hot or not quite so hot [I'm talking about NEW SOUTH WALES] take our Texan friend in Bavaria sounds blinking cold over in his neck of the woods .I have often thought of moving trouble is my roots are to firmly anchored in ive made to many good business contacts etc to move or think i have

my plans for the new year,
1. win lottery
2. give the workin' life the finger and chill

what will probabally happen though is same poop every day just maybe a differant employer

wurzel,
thinkin' about it just to get you to climb more.you need the practice.touche

bout time i retired or is that retarded
bugger that dont read as funny as it sounded in my head
good night everyone

Last edited:
Never said it was good to me... LMAO.

Dunno. Someplace warmer with less red tape.

Git'R'Done!

Come on down to Va. about 10* degrees warmer than NE, auto insurance about 1/3 the rate, and home / land prices about 1/4 the cost and 3 times the size. :) Not quite down as far as dueling banjo's country and you can sometimes, depending on the area and time of day , start a chain saw in the house with out the neighbors calling 911. :)

Latest posts

Back