newbe here showing off my stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welecome to AS, and thanks for sharing those pics. I guess this pic is a hydrolic splitter and just uses the 3 point to lift? Not a PTO driven device?

attachment.php

Last edited:
I see a hydro reservoir,and what looks to be a hydro pump on the pto shaft,it looks like a fully contained unit with its own pump/fluid,just slide on the pto shaft and split.
dawzie,nice pics,and splitter,your not too far from me maybe 20 minutes or so.

Nice pictures,the 4 in 1 bucket looks handy for grabbing logs. I am not too familiar with Marlboro other than 9w,and latintown rd.

at the four way stop on lattintown, turn west on plattekill road. Head towards 32, you'll go through dawesville.

Nice splitter! How long have you had it and how do you like it?

We ordered a Timberwolf TW-3 HD last month. We're hoping to have it by the beginning of January.

We ordered it with the auto cycle and log tray. We're hoping that it will speed up our production...the splitter is definitely the bottleneck in the operation.

Nice splitter! How long have you had it and how do you like it?

We ordered a Timberwolf TW-3 HD last month. We're hoping to have it by the beginning of January.

We ordered it with the auto cycle and log tray. We're hoping that it will speed up our production...the splitter is definitely the bottleneck in the operation.

I have had mine for about three months now. It's the cats #ss. Only thing I have to put up with is the auto return valve. I played with the detent adjustments alot and just live with the auto return not always working due to changing oil operating temps.

My ford 2000 tractor can just manage the weight of it on the 3pt hitch. The 8N cant handle the weight but the pto can run it with no problem.

Just a word of advise. They say it holds 10 gallons of oil that you have to supply. It doesn't. It was more like 8 gallons.:chainsaw: overfull, on the ground.

Just a word of advise. They say it holds 10 gallons of oil that you have to supply. It doesn't. It was more like 8 gallons.:chainsaw: overfull, on the ground.

Any chance the 10 gallons was total capacity,not just tank capacity. That hydro cylinder has to hold at least a gallon as well.Once the cylinder is full,might get 10 total. When i built my skid steer splitter,once i cylcled the new cylinder for the first time (5"x30), i had to add almost 2 gallons of oil to the hydraulic tank to get it to the full line again.

I have had mine for about three months now. It's the cats #ss. Only thing I have to put up with is the auto return valve. I played with the detent adjustments alot and just live with the auto return not always working due to changing oil operating temps.

My ford 2000 tractor can just manage the weight of it on the 3pt hitch. The 8N cant handle the weight but the pto can run it with no problem.

Hmmmm...never considered the issue with the 3-pt. Is the problem the weight of the splitter or is it more of how far it sticks out from the back of the tractor? Any chance it's just a weak 3-pt. on the 8N? I'm concerned because we are planning on running it on a compact JD Tractor.

I have heard others complain about the auto return adjust as well. From what I've read it is easily adjusted if you follow the procedure...exactly.

Did you have to make any adjustments to the length of the hoses from the splitter to the PTO pump?

Thanks for any info!

Nice toys. I like the 580 being able to pick up poles like that to cut instead of bent over like a caveman. If you always cut long poles like that and mark them you ought to pick up a Mingo. When I skid out whole trees I can mark 16" as fast as I can walk next to it.

Hose length is fine. Because of the length of the splitter is why its such a strain to lift. I think it weighs like 850 lbs.

Hmmmm...never considered the issue with the 3-pt. Is the problem the weight of the splitter or is it more of how far it sticks out from the back of the tractor? Any chance it's just a weak 3-pt. on the 8N? I'm concerned because we are planning on running it on a compact JD Tractor.

I have heard others complain about the auto return adjust as well. From what I've read it is easily adjusted if you follow the procedure...exactly.

Did you have to make any adjustments to the length of the hoses from the splitter to the PTO pump?

Thanks for any info!

Check your owners manual for your JD's 3 pt lift capacity to make sure it can manage the attachment's weight.

at the four way stop on lattintown, turn west on plattekill road. Head towards 32, you'll go through dawesville.

When I was young we lived in Modena for a while. That is a nice area. Sure is a small world.

Nice setup you have there. Would love to get a PTO splitter like that one.

When I was young we lived in Modena for a while. That is a nice area. Sure is a small world.

Nice setup you have there. Would love to get a PTO splitter like that one.

My bussiness is in Modena. Remember the old chicken coop next to the bar on 32?? Depending how old you are, Max's bar then it was called the Cheif's Inn. Thats where I'm at now.

Latest posts

Back