newbie 372 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
longtime lurker first time poster,very impressed with knowledge on this site.learned very much. i bought the 372 full wrap from baileys and dont know how to tell if i have have the 71 or75cc cylinder.the reason i ask is i want to eventually have the saw woodported with a bb kit.if i have the75cc will the bb kit even be worth while?

There is no power difference between the 71 cc and 75 cc ones, the 75 cc ones probably are more restrictively ported, to meet EPA standards.........;)

so basically it doesn't really matter either way if its going to be ported right? sorry for slow responses. owned computer 3 weeks(1 finger typer)

thanks to sawtroll for the response.i'm wondering if the bb kit will give an advantage over the 75cc cylinder after porting(both)in awoods ported saw.

thanks to sawtroll for the response.i'm wondering if the bb kit will give an advantage over the 75cc cylinder after porting(both)in awoods ported saw.

I know nothing about the potensial when ported by an expert, but I believe the larger ones have more potensial than the original 71 cc one, if they find out how to take it out.......

thanks again sawtroll.do appreciate the help:bowdown: do you know how to tell the difference between 71 and 75cc saws?which one is yours? the sticker on top of mine says 71cc

The only 75 cc ones I know of, are the ones currently beeing sold by Baileys. The engine is a re-ported version of the 375 cut-off saw engine.

Mine is quite new, but it is an original 71 cc one.

Last edited:
mine must be 71cc too.i bought it from baileys last summer but can find no evidence towards being 75cc:rockn:

The only true way to tell is to measure the piston diameter

The 71cc (regular 371 or 372) is 50mm bore

The 74.x cc is 51mm.

Latest posts

Back