Newbie looking for help and advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Let me introduce myself Hi i'm Dan i'm a Firefighter and Tree Care Worker in Connecticut. I'm new to the tree care business.Ive done construction and land clearing for a number of years. I have recently had a interest in Tree care and Arboriculture

Whats a best way to learn more ?
I have bought many books from many places and they are helpful but they aren't as good as hands on training

I plan on taking the ArborMaster® Training Courses this summer here in CT

any other suggestions and feedback let me know

Thanks
Dan

Hey Dan The Fire Fighting Tree Care Man! Welcome to the site! Just start reading some popular threads, then start your own when you are of a mind to!

Again, WELCOME! http://***************/treehouse/images/smiles/beerchug.gif

Hi Dan. Learn to work well on the ground before you work up in the tree. Start with a reputable local company. If you think the tree service you work with may not be training you to industry standards, mention it to somebody (or everybody) on this site. There are alot of guys here that can let you know if you are being trained to be a hack. If you find yourself in that position, just open the phonebook again. As a firefighter, you probably got a good grasp on safety at work. Welcome! :)

the company i am working for is small in size 1 truck and chipper 2 spray rigs and a bunch of landscape trucks compared to most. they have 2 dedacated climbers but the companies main buisness is landscaping and tree planting i do mostly ground work and spraying because i have a CT Operators Cert but other then that they don't want to take the time to train another guy at this time.

I do brush and tree clearing on my weekends and days off. I am hoping to be buying my own chipper and maybe a stump grinder soon

As for becoming a Firefighter i started out as a Vol Firefighter and Got lucky i love the job and wouldn't trade it

make buddies with one of the climbers and then do side jobs with em. hire them to climb for you and ask many many questions.

Latest posts

Back