Newby here, ms 660 mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvcook

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just purchased a like new ms 660 with a 36" bar and would like to wake this thing up, btw,it won't be used on a daily basis, mainly my farm boss, 019, or my 192tc so what advice and options can you guys give me,
Thanks, Charlie

Start with the dual port muffler. If you do a search (mainly of the chainsaw forum) on here i bet it'll keep you going for a while.

Welcome to AS :cheers:

Tons you can do to it. Mill the head, port it, dual port muffler. There is lots of porting info on here. If its you first saw hop up I would suggest going conservatively on the build.

I hated playing Odesa Permian BTW, raped would be the best way describe it.:cry:

Tons you can do to it. Mill the head, port it, dual port muffler. There is lots of porting info on here. If its you first saw hop up I would suggest going conservatively on the build.

I hated playing Odesa Permian BTW, raped would be the best way describe it.:cry:

Yeah, there has always been alot of friction between Permian and Lee:laugh:

If an 066 was to be the first saw you were to have a go at porting, I would even say go out and buy a BB jug & piston and have at that one and keep the $300 plus stihl jug & piston in a safe place.

Latest posts

Back