Newer stihl ms170 hard to pull over?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got this saw 9 months ago only ran maybe 3-4 tanks through it. Pretty much that same day. Otherwise it's been sitting besides letting it run for 5 mins here and there. What would do that? Rings sticking from not running a few months? Seems to be running on the rich side runs good though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be slightly harder to pull it after break in since it will have a bit more compression. Some of those little things really thump when they're broke in right.

mine is tough to pull over for a 31cc saw but i have broke it in good,,,, have no idea what the comp is,, it is not stock either

Got this saw 9 months ago only ran maybe 3-4 tanks through it. Pretty much that same day. Otherwise it's been sitting besides letting it run for 5 mins here and there. What would do that? Rings sticking from not running a few months? Seems to be running on the rich side runs good though

old gas

Wouldn't it get easier to pull once broke in since the rings are probably stiff right now?

Latest posts

Back