Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
261 doesnt make sense to me . Ive had a 261 and a 026. I just as soon pick up a 362c as it feels better in hand to me. The 261 to me is that in between saw that cant be small or big but on the other hand most people feel that way about a 362. Guess thats why I have a 241 and a 362!! Lol!! I have the 241c, 362c, and a 461r. Thats a perfect 3 saw plan for me anyways

Im with ya , im finding more and more use for 40/60cc combo

A good deed on your part will not be forgotten on my part. I wish you could run my 241-- it's one of my go 2 saws. 1/3 of every tree I cut is done with the 241. After Brad did his magic it really came alive. It's sure easier on my shoulders and back.

Since there seem to be a few 241 owners here, I was wondering if anyone has handled one of these and a Dolmar PS 421. I'm interested in picking up a saw in this size range and was wondering how they compare in real life. None of my local Stihl dealers have any 241s so I'd have to order one and I don't really have a local Dolmar dealer to compare myself. I've read good things on the Dolmar but have never owned that brand.

I don't mind spending the extra money for the Stihl but was just wondering from a user's point of view if there is a noticeable performance gap. The usage would be mostly limbing and small bucking for firewood.

Since there seem to be a few 241 owners here, I was wondering if anyone has handled one of these and a Dolmar PS 421. I'm interested in picking up a saw in this size range and was wondering how they compare in real life. None of my local Stihl dealers have any 241s so I'd have to order one and I don't really have a local Dolmar dealer to compare myself. I've read good things on the Dolmar but have never owned that brand.

I don't mind spending the extra money for the Stihl but was just wondering from a user's point of view if there is a noticeable performance gap. The usage would be mostly limbing and small bucking for firewood.
I love my Dolmar 421 but i've never held a 241 and im just not a fan of how Stihl saws feel so i can't compare them, i'm not sure if the 241 is really worth $250 more. In real life the 421 is .5 oz. heavier.

Yeah MTronic and AutoTune is nice and i like it on my 550 and 562 but i wouldn't necessarily pay that much extra just to have it.

No comparison. Carbs to me idle one way one time one way another time cut rich or lean in this size wood or that way in that size wood? Mtronics adjust perfect for every situation with no thinking on the operators part. Lets me think about sharpening chain and other things like safety instead of tuning a saw

I've never had the wood lean or richen my tune and rarely touch my idle, but none of mine are spot on perfectly tweaked i tune a little rich.

Back