• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that echo is always on my mind. Then port it.

I've spent the last few months daydreaming about which saw I should acquire: a 395, 3120, 880/1, or the 1201. Whatever it is will be ported and modded for milling life.

I have another 6-12 months to keep dreaming, at least!

I've spent the last few months daydreaming about which saw I should acquire: a 395, 3120, 880/1, or the 1201. Whatever it is will be ported and modded for milling life.

I've used a 395xp for milling, it's an extremely capable saw.
I own an 088 and honestly its in a league all its own, it's intended purpose is to pull a long bar in modern saw platform.

A 2100 will beat a 395 on the mill stock for stock, I'd go for a bigger saw.

Bill you need to add the Echo CS1201 to your collection. It is quite a saw.
Lee,
I 100% agree I need to add it to my collection. I truly want to. I really want to get one and walk in to the local saw shop with it and surprise a good friend of mine and my late father. The man that runs that shop is as good as they get. He started out down the street with a classmate of my father that was a Lombard dealer. That man passed on and he hung his own shingle in a old 4 story shop on front street. Over the years he has sold a few brands When Poulan was king we bought Poulan from him. He has later (currently) sold Echo. I would love to get a 1201 and take it to show him along with my other Echos.. The problem is he would lock the door and say "Bill lets go upstairs and play" Yes the man keeps logs upstairs to cut in. I will never forget as a kid watching him cut upstairs in a 48" log. Now before some folks wonder how that is possible. The shop is built into the Mississippi River bluff. When you go from front street up the hill you can drive in the upstairs.

The point is Lee is spot on and I do (as other do) need to add a Echo 1201 before they are gone. I do not want to kick myself in the hind end like I did when John was selling new 090AV's for$1299

Yea that echo is always on my mind. Then port it.
No disrespect but I doubt you will be able to attain any gains by porting it. That saw is about as old school as you get. They are wide open. Many a man has tried.

Lee,
I 100% agree I need to add it to my collection. I truly want to. I really want to get one and walk in to the local saw shop with it and surprise a good friend of mine and my late father. The man that runs that shop is as good as they get. He started out down the street with a classmate of my father that was a Lombard dealer. That man passed on and he hung his own shingle in a old 4 story shop on front street. Over the years he has sold a few brands When Poulan was king we bought Poulan from him. He has later (currently) sold Echo. I would love to get a 1201 and take it to show him along with my other Echos.. The problem is he would lock the door and say "Bill lets go upstairs and play" Yes the man keeps logs upstairs to cut in. I will never forget as a kid watching him cut upstairs in a 48" log. Now before some folks wonder how that is possible. The shop is built into the Mississippi River bluff. When you go from front street up the hill you can drive in the upstairs.

The point is Lee is spot on and I do (as other do) need to add a Echo 1201 before they are gone. I do not want to kick myself in the hind end like I did when John was selling new 090AV's for$1299
090 for 1299$ :crazy2: holy heck!

090 for 1299$ :crazy2: holy heck!
Yes brand new in the box with a 36" along the side. I am not kidding ya a bit. Those who have been around the site and know John can tell you. That was the real deal. Heck he also sold new 088 saws shipped for $1050. Yes I never bought any.

John's got a New ungassed 881 that he could be talked out of...
The last visit i took my 150 to meet it
Dont forget those prices were 25 years ago
You are 100% correct The prices I quoted were from many years back. Obviously you know John, I have never met the gentleman. We had a lot of great banter (online) about saws years ago. I will never forget him talking about his "saw wench". I assume that was his girlfriend. He posted a pic once of himself cutting buck naked. That was a classic. I believe the moderators might have given him a hand slapping for that one. Those were great times with great folks......

You are 100% correct The prices I quoted were from many years back. Obviously you know John, I have never met the gentleman. We had a lot of great banter (online) about saws years ago. I will never forget him talking about his "saw wench". I assume that was his girlfriend. He posted a pic once of himself cutting buck naked. That was a classic. I believe the moderators might have given him a hand slapping for that one. Those were great times with great folks......

Was John speaking of his “Saw Wench” in the context of a person?

Lewis builds a winch, that takes a chainsaw power head to operate.

I can’t tell you how many times I have seen or heard people write or speak winch, as Wench, when discussing the tool

Doug

Was John speaking of his “Saw Wench” in the context of a person?

Lewis builds a winch, that takes a chainsaw power head to operate.

I can’t tell you how many times I have seen or heard people write or speak winch, as Wench, when discussing the tool

Doug
Hello Doug,

I am darn near sure John was speaking of his girlfriend/significant other. If I remember correctly he spoke of her cleaning his house. This is going back 18 years or so and of course my memory is not that great. I believe it was his reference to a mid-evil woman which was sometimes called a "wench"

As for the Lewis saw winch they are great. I have three of them of different vintages. I should probably sell one or two... I have three sons and always try to keep at least three of everything but honestly why does each need one.

Hello Doug,

I am darn near sure John was speaking of his girlfriend/significant other. If I remember correctly he spoke of her cleaning his house. This is going back 18 years or so and of course my memory is not that great. I believe it was his reference to a mid-evil woman which was sometimes called a "wench"

As for the Lewis saw winch they are great. I have three of them of different vintages. I should probably sell one or two... I have three sons and always try to keep at least three of everything but honestly why does each need one.

I am familiar with the term Wench, but it isn’t heard too often anymore, and I have heard and seen, a disappointing number of people say and write Wench, referring to the tool

Doug

Back