Nice Mod to a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stumbled across this thread and thought it would be a worth doing. Wanted to thank Lake for the great info and get this back into circulation for those who havn't seen it. :yoyo:

This is the kind of thread I like to see. Good job and thanks Lake!

Ditto and Ditto

I for one would like to see threads like this (with BS removed) made
into a sticky......or a "How to" forum for.....................

Update

This worthwhile mod has now become standard from the factory on the 361.. .as from production a few months ago... and all replacement pro saw side covers are now recessed acordingly.. yea....

Muffler mod pics...

Here's an idea !!!
Andy, (Lakeside53) has been a huge influence not only to this site as whole,
but also to muffler modifications.
Everybody who has done a muffler mod to their saw, post a pic.
Everyone likes a good mod muff pic.
I'll post mine soon...:(

nice mod

nice mod Lake :bowdown: would that mod work on a ms 260 pro also would those studs fit a older 038 super mag II.
I like the idea of the better quality bar studs:bowdown: :chainsawguy:

This worthwhile mod has now become standard from the factory on the 361.. .as from production a few months ago... and all replacement pro saw side covers are now recessed acordingly.. yea....

Hey Lake, many companies award bonusses for employees (why not dealers) coming up with great ideas related to cost cutting or quality improvement.
Did Stihl sent you already that fat check ..., you deserve it. :rockn:

Yes... and all other stihl saws using the 3003 bars. You do need to recess the cover though.

nice mod Lake :bowdown: would that mod work on a ms 260 pro also would those studs fit a older 038 super mag II.
I like the idea of the better quality bar studs

:bang: :bang: goddam boy, don't you know what mount your bars are?

Did this mod on all of our 044s and 440s at work. Stoked. No more knuckleheads putting the bars on wrong. Now just to do it to my personal saws...

Hey Lake, many companies award bonusses for employees (why not dealers) coming up with great ideas related to cost cutting or quality improvement.
Did Stihl sent you already that fat check ..., you deserve it. :rockn:

It had nothing to do with me.. It was obvious when I looked at the 441. ;)

That's 'cos he didn't load the latest version of Mediacat! Trust me... it's in the system, but I'm placing my order right now to mop up the last of the stock:laugh:

1138 664 2400

Figures, I just tossed in my year end parts order, and I find this little gem!

Wonder how NES's inventory is on these...

Sure, Now I see that this damn thread is 2 years old...:)

Great tip, and thanks for passing it on.

Last edited:
Is there a factory tool available for countersinking the older covers?

No factory tool.. You'd just use a standard machine tool piloted countersink.. I just used a cheap countersink tool in a drill press and was careful with centering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back