• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nice Stihl 090 with 5 foot bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyheavy56

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Well I have been helping a friend out recently and he was cleaning out a shed with some old stuff in it and came across a Stihl 090 that he is trying to sell. I went through the basic stuff myself and I have to tell you this thing surprised me on how well it cleaned up and ran, so let's dig into it. Everything on the saw seems to be original Stihl, cylinder seems almost new and reads a little over 150 on my tester. I went through and cleaned the carb, checked the fuel filter and fuel line and everything seemed fine so I started it up and with some small carb adjustments, idled and revved great. Automatic oiler and manual oiler work good. This saw had been sitting unused for ten plus years and obviously has had a pretty gentle life, paints still really nice and it still has the stickers on the covers. The bar that goes with it is a General brand, measures 65inches, so I assume it was listed as a 5 foot bar, 404, .063, rails and nose are in good shape. This would make a good running saw or wall hanger, you could go both directions on this one. On to the business, he was looking to get $1250 out of it and this would cover shipping to anywhere in the lower 48, it usually costs around 50 for a power head and 35 plus for a bar this size. If you are able to pick it up I will work with you on the price. PayPal or pick up with cash. I have uploaded the best pictures I could, if you want some more or certain pictures just ask. I also have a video of the saw cutting some cookies and can send you it if you pm me your number. I figured I will give you guys the first crack at this saw and if it doesn't sell I guess I will go eBay. Thanks for looking.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Had a question on a couple things so I will answer them here as well. The cylinder is a true 66mm bore and it does have the 6 pack clutch. The owner is looking for cash at this point to fund some other projects, so no trades. Here's a pic of the clutch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Yes that is a really good deal. I just spent $300 for a 60" bar alone. I would get it but can no longer handle a direct drive 090 without AV.

Well the saw sold locally, I have a Stihl 056 mag 2 that came from the same gentleman that I will looking to get rid of next week if there is any interest in it, just going through it now, thanks again folks

Latest posts

Back