nifty lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the sd-64. It has had it share of problem but nifty lift has been good about standing behind it even after the warranty was up. Electronics, wheel hydrolics, and outrigger cylinders have been issues.
We are looking at OMNI lifts for our next purchase.

I've seen vids of those spider lifts moving around on lawns and it seems like they leave deep skinny ruts if you don't mat out for them.

I've rented both the sd64 and an 82' working height ommelift. They are similar in weight at around 8,500 lbs, but the ommelift can fit on one sheet of plywood lengthwise which will be a big time saver with loading and unloading 1/2 the plywood every time. The tracks do leave marks in even hard lawns because they are so short and narrow so you will usually have to bring plywood no matter what.

It'll all come down to your market and how many gates/tight areas you actually need to get through. I believe the ommelift tracks move in to around 36"-40" wide. I do enjoy the sturdy feeling of the sd64 and sp64 though. But after you work with a spider lift type boom a few times you get used to it.

Nifty lift is probably ok but being owner of Omme I believe it is a different ball game. The extra 24 ft. makes all the difference in the world. Hardly ever use mats as mentioned above though.

Latest posts

Back