Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a bunch of this was in the wrong package. That number was on the pack for a 245a piston. Those are dif signs mark. I don't know if I can part with these yet...lol.

Here's a bit more of my finds of the day... It was a good time. Even got some stickers!

I think a bunch of this was in the wrong package. That number was on the pack for a 245a piston. Those are dif signs mark. I don't know if I can part with these yet...lol.

Here's a bit more of my finds of the day... It was a good time. Even got some stickers!

Send those stickers to the guy that copies them, Joe Salvina???????

Mark has dealt with him on several occasions and he could answer better than I could. Basically he will copy your stickers (return them when he is through) and you could help some of us who can't find stickers without you being out anything other than the time he has them.
I'm all for helping you guys out. If mark can give me info on how to go about it, I'm game. I do have a pile of 25da stickers;)

Bob, I built a 3700 for a guy last year and it was real close to 200 but I did put the jug on my lathe and take some off the base. If you want some compression on a Poulan just send the short block over here and I'll fix you right up....

I may take you up on your offer. Have a couple nos 3400 p&c's, and a real nice 3700 p&c.
By short block are you referring to a stripped down case with p&c attached?

Bob

Box store Poulans

Hi Guys,

Is it true that most of these box store poulans, craftsman ei. 3314, 3616, 3816, 4018, 4220 are all 40cc regardless of what the sticker on the side says? The reason I ask is that I have a good cylinder for a stratos 40cc version and am looking for a unit that needs a new one for a little project. If it's too complicated I'll just put the cylinder on feebay

I'm pretty sure the older poulans were mostly 40cc but not sure of the newer ones. Acres lists different sizes as does the poulan website.

Looking forward to solving this mystery.

Thanks for all and any input

Lee:msp_unsure: :msp_unsure:

Hi Guys,

Is it true that most of these box store poulans, craftsman ei. 3314, 3616, 3816, 4018, 4220 are all 40cc regardless of what the sticker on the side says? The reason I ask is that I have a good cylinder for a stratos 40cc version and am looking for a unit that needs a new one for a little project. If it's too complicated I'll just put the cylinder on feebay

I'm pretty sure the older poulans were mostly 40cc but not sure of the newer ones. Acres lists different sizes as does the poulan website.

Hey Lee,
I was just enlightened with this info recently by these fine folks on the poulan thread. The new strato saws are all the same motor. I have 3 with dif cc ratings and all are actually 42cc. In my experience, the older clamshell poulans were dif sizes.

Hi Guys,

next time you're at a big box store go to the saw shelf and look at the epa sticker. my lowe's sells three different poulan saws with purportedly larger displacements. the epa sticker says they're all the same size. price ain't the same however.

Even got some stickers!
280068d1361243929-image-jpg

Would that half hidden air filter label starting with a '2' happen to be a 202?

Would that half hidden air filter label starting with a '2' happen to be a 202?

No, sorry. 245a. I only got one set of 245 stickers, a couple 306 sets and some 3400 and 4000 stickers. I just emailed the guy that makes set to see if he can use any of these. We'll see.

I'm sure there are more decals over at this shop, I just have to take it slow and be patient. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Back