Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quuseote="procarbine2k1, post: 4553716, member: 40358"]Before I forget guys... This Craftsman/ Sears 3.3 did not have an impulse hose on it when I got it, just a chewed off piece of hose on the nipple on the case, and different piece of broken off hose on the carb. Could anyone care to enlighten me on the part number, or suitable impulse hose and how it is routed on this thing? It must be 3-4" long from what I can guess, and must pass through with the toggle wire, unless I am not understanding correctly.[/quote]
You correct that the line runs through the hole with the stop switch wires. Use a rubber line suitable for fuel and a 3/32" ID seems to work best.

That muffler mod will work pretty good. I have done a few like that.

[quuseote="procarbine2k1, post: 4553716, member: 40358"]Before I forget guys... This Craftsman/ Sears 3.3 did not have an impulse hose on it when I got it, just a chewed off piece of hose on the nipple on the case, and different piece of broken off hose on the carb. Could anyone care to enlighten me on the part number, or suitable impulse hose and how it is routed on this thing? It must be 3-4" long from what I can guess, and must pass through with the toggle wire, unless I am not understanding correctly.
You correct that the line runs through the hole with the stop switch wires. Use a rubber line suitable for fuel and a 3/32" ID seems to work best.

That muffler mod will work pretty good. I have done a few like that.[/quote]

I thought that was the Modified Mark muffler mod style.

I thought that was the Modified Mark muffler mod style.[/quote]

Well maybe I guess but they started calling this one the Modifiedmark style first. LOL

This was the first attempt, I done some nicer ones later... 100_3991 (Medium).JPG

I thought that was the Modified Mark muffler mod style.

Well maybe I guess but they started calling this one the Modifiedmark style first. LOL

This was the first attempt, I done some nicer ones later... View attachment 318366[/quote]

Yes! I have one of those early ModifiedMark mufflers! :bowdown: I use it on my most used saw, a 4000. When ya first gave me that, I put it on my real nice 4000. But it just sat on the shelf, so I quickly put it on my heavily used saw. Poulan should have used this style on their midsize saws, as well as the big ones.

poulans425_zps28683ece.jpg

poulans427_zpsc41ec013.jpg

Gregg,

Here is a nice 3400 i put one of my NOS B/C's on.

i picked up 3 more 3400 yesterday, they all are runners.View attachment 318405

That 3400 is a beauty! :clap: When you say you picked up 3 more and they are all runners, doesn't surprise me. I can't recall seeing to many 3400's that couldn't be made runners with just some basic fuel system maintenance. I don't think many of them pooped or wore out. I think most just got set aside after many years of service, just because the owner wanted to try something new. :)

Gregg,

I'm waiting for Randy to put up that 5200 muffler that I done with the dual outlets like that on it. Wonder if he ever got that saw done........
Yeah I did get that saw done and it runs real good....I'll post some pics later, this week and the two following I am in an outage at a paper mill so we are working can to can't right now.....

[quuseote="procarbine2k1, post: 4553716, member: 40358"]

I thought so, pictures don't make it look real nice, but it looks good in person. Tried to keep it factory looking. As far as the baffle, I think I am going to turn a couple of shafts for support and ditch the baffle.

I thought that was the Modified Mark muffler mod style.[/quote]

Thank you sir, I need to pick up some things today, and more fuel line is one of them.

Some of the big old flywheels can be tough to get off. I have had to resort to a pair of pry bars wedged between the case and the flywheel, then move up to a bigger hammer.

I don't like to heat them and you should consider a new crank seal for it since you heated yours.
Mark the bigger hammer and pry bar worked. I really had to give it the old 60 penny nail wack

You can go to Baileys here which is a sponser of this forum. They sell Husqvarna 455 Ranchers which use the K095 mount and they might carry a bar in 16" 3/8 pitch .050 gauge. I believe ModifiedMark indicated the 5020 used the same mount. Are you sure your existing bar and chain is a 3/8 pitch or sometimes referred as .375. It should indicate it on the bar somewhere.
I've looked up the 455 on Baily's and there is also an 18" 3/8(.375) .50 guage Oregon K095. That should work on the 5020av as well ro am I assuming incorrectly.

*ping on the old thread*

I've looked up the 455 on Baily's and there is also an 18" 3/8(.375) .50 guage Oregon K095. That should work on the 5020av as well ro am I assuming incorrectly.

*ping on the old thread*

I must have missed out on the earlier conversation, but the 455 18" bar will fit and work on a 5020 just fine but be aware your not gaining much as the Husky 18" bar is only 2 drive links shorter then the 20" bar that came on the 5020. The 16" is the way to go and is 10 drive links shorter.

Modifiedmark,

Thanks. I don't think you missed anything. You're advice and knowledge are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back