Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bar is a small mount K041. Pretty rare to see now a days. Not many saws that can use that bar. It was made for the PP380, it would fit a PP330 also but I wouldn't put it on it. Too much bar.
Thanks for your help, I figured they werent compatible with my husqvarnas, but I just wasnt sure.
Sure was a good price, too.
Ron

finally got out and cut some wood today, Iron Mike and Chris came over, Mike brought his 525 and 455, Chris had a Super XL and a plastic Poulan job. I first grabbed a 306A (it popped) and then no spark, grabbed another 306A (tank gasket is leaking) grabbed a 361 and it would not start at first, had to free up the needle from sitting i guess. This has happened to me several times. I ended up using the 361 and a 3400. We had a fun time and cut about a cord maybe more of River Birch and some other tree.

View attachment 329810 View attachment 329811
not bad for a $40 score... Gotta replace the rope damnit..

Here's my last summer's score for $35. Boy was I all full of myself about running across such a deal and couldn't wait to gloat about it with you guys.....until I was about three miles from home after a 160 mile trip for the saw and my Blazer just flat out died at a country intersection and wasn't going anywhere any time soon without a tow. Classic S-10 fuel pump gone bad after 125,000 miles, almost to the freekin' mile.

$90 tow, $280 for the fuel pump r&r, but only $35 for the saw? Still a helluva deal in my book!​

DSC04320.JPG

DSC04321.JPG

DSC04322.JPG

DSC04323.JPG

DSC04324.JPG DSC04325.JPG DSC04326.JPG

We were talking a bit about bow bars. A friend sent me IPL's on a bunch of Poulan bow and straight bars for sand cast and saws up to 1971. Some HT's and a couple of Poulan roller noses as well as the bows.
If anyone would like a copy (two IPL's) please send me a PM and I'll send you the link to the cloud storage

Last edited:
Here's my last summer's score for $35. Boy was I all full of myself about running across such a deal and couldn't wait to gloat about it with you guys.....until I was about three miles from home after a 160 mile trip for the saw and my Blazer just flat out died at a country intersection and wasn't going anywhere any time soon without a tow. Classic S-10 fuel pump gone bad after 125,000 miles, almost to the freekin' mile.

$90 tow, $280 for the fuel pump r&r, but only $35 for the saw? Still a helluva deal in my book!​

i just love the stance of the 200, 300, 400 series saws, light and full of power just sitting there, kind of like a hemi dart.

Where and how is the fuel tank vented on the PP295? My SIL returned my saw and when I checked the fuel level by removing the cap it vented. Obviously it got shaken in his truck. Can't seem to find any venting apparatus.

Where and how is the fuel tank vented on the PP295? My SIL returned my saw and when I checked the fuel level by removing the cap it vented. Obviously it got shaken in his truck. Can't seem to find any venting apparatus.

It's a duckbill behind a plug according to the IPL. One way valve. If the saw was shaken up I would think you heard pressure in the tank releasing. I think the vent might be on the tank top , left side near the carb. I think I can feel the bottom of the duck bill through the fuel fill hole but can't see in there

Latest posts

Back