Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest at the moment I dont have any saws . Always just used my dads stihls Lol. I plan on getting a Wildthing hopefully this week ,I like them because I plan on modding it and I would hate to buy a high dollar saw and something go wrong.
If you have the option of the model, pick up the non strato 2375 WildThing. Much easier to mod and easier to adjust the carb.

Funny you say that I was hunting for the 4018 but just found a non-strato 2175 .Didnt even know non-stratos existed so im really hoping to get it.
I have a 4018WM ported by Brad Snelling that runs like a 60 cc saw. However my 2375 is much easier to work on and adjust. Wish it had Antivibe though.

Who is this Brad Snelling? Im seeing that name alot on here Lol and Im young and dumb so not worried about the vibs so much just looking to Mod my first saw. Been dreaming and talking about it a long time. Kids are getting older so I think its finally time to hand over keys to the Sport quads and acquire some saws :chop:

Been on here a day and you guys saved me already. No experience modding was gonna get a 4018 and mod muffler right away. thanks for the saved frustration, And no doubt quads are fun just got done boring my 400ex to a 416 . :rock: Unfortunitly I tend to get alittle to brave (2 plates 12 screws left elbow):cry:.when I was younger .With the kiddos getting older I gotta be at work everday to provide,So shutting 'er down for now.

I'm 48 going on 49 next month and still love to have fun, unless arther in the arms and knees aren't acting up and my back ain't killing me. Been there and done that, 2 wheel and 4 wheel wrecks, had fun doing that. Getting push out of the hay loft a lot didn't help much either. :)

Who is this Brad Snelling? Im seeing that name alot on here Lol and Im young and dumb so not worried about the vibs so much just looking to Mod my first saw. Been dreaming and talking about it a long time. Kids are getting older so I think its finally time to hand over keys to the Sport quads and acquire some saws :chop:
Brad is a longtime member who does a lot of mods on mostly Stihl's. He does like other saws as well.

I'm 48 going on 49 next month and still love to have fun, unless arther in the arms and knees aren't acting up and my back ain't killing me. Been there and done that, 2 wheel and 4 wheel wrecks, had fun doing that. Getting push out of the hay loft a lot didn't help much either. :)

It get's worse when you hit 60. I would recommend giving up the hay loft thing.

I did, be4 papa passed away, got out milking cows. He went to round bales about 3 years before he retired. He keep raising beef cattle,, and was almost 80 when he DID retire, falling health. Hope I last that long.

53A, so i cant get the flywheel off of the 53A, i have tried everything i know, can you guys give me some tips on getting this flywheel off? i have taken them off of many of my other sandcast saws but this one will not budge, i don't want to hurt it.

and yes we now have spark, it was not pretty in there but i cleaned everything and re gapped points to .020, she is throwing a mean spark now, I am going to bed, more to come in the next week. Thanks Mark as usual. All i needed was that little bit of coaching.

Latest posts

Back