Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the clutch spring broke on my 3400 today.jammed the clutch tight so the chain turned when you pulled the starter. don't have a part number but thought some one here might have a spring. i posted on the swap meet .

I just finished this little devil. It now has so much compression Im gonn have to swap in the older style magnesium starter pulley cause Im pretty sure the plastic one is starting to slip. Its an animal. I put this b/c combo on for testing only.
Did you write up what you did to it? I'm thinking of throwing one of these together. I might as well.... I have 10 parts saws...lol.

Did you write up what you did to it? I'm thinking of throwing one of these together. I might as well.... I have 10 parts saws...lol.

yes joe what did you do???? new rings delete the base gasket... what else????? you need to do some more pics of start to finish of some saWS......miss your cookie bake trays LOL

2 cycle oil question. Now that I have saws ranging from the old 16:1 up to the new 50:1 ratio (my 50:1's are older Poulans also) can I run the same ratio in all my saws? I have Polaris Blue semi synthetic oil. I ran it in my snowmobile and jet ski so figured what the hey should be good for a saw. I was thinking 32:1 the whole way around since there is no gas anywhere near that is ethanol free. Thanks.

Mark

2 cycle oil question. Now that I have saws ranging from the old 16:1 up to the new 50:1 ratio (my 50:1's are older Poulans also) can I run the same ratio in all my saws? I have Polaris Blue semi synthetic oil. I ran it in my snowmobile and jet ski so figured what the hey should be good for a saw. I was thinking 32:1 the whole way around since there is no gas anywhere near that is ethanol free. Thanks.

Mark
Low ratios were for poor oil qualities. Took more to lube properly. Anything with good oil will do just fine at 32-40:1

Mark
Not sure if snowmobile injector oil is the same. I run all my saws at 40/1 using Stihl synthetic.

thanks chipsflyin, guess it would help if i knew what i was looking for, handle brace eh ? adding the 5300 makes it look like an official poulan number.
530011964 it is then.
i use chainsaw grade oil for my aircooled engines, JASCO ratings, and outboard grade oil for watercooled engines TD-3 rating.
thanks again

Model 91, finally got around to laying some paint down on the Model 91. Paint color is called sandcast. It is very glossy. Still need clutch cover decal and rear handle brace but I think I am going to fabricate that tomorrow

thanks chipsflyin, guess it would help if i knew what i was looking for, handle brace eh ? adding the 5300 makes it look like an official poulan number.
530011964 it is then.
i use chainsaw grade oil for my aircooled engines, JASCO ratings, and outboard grade oil for watercooled engines TD-3 rating.
thanks again
YW

Thanks for the all the replies on the 2cycle! I did a little research. Here's what I found -Polaris Blue is Chevron TC-W3 with some additives - Chevron says it good for basically any 2 strokes. On the Stihl (HP) not synthetic and Polaris I did a MSDS search and the primary compounds are basically the same- a fancy name for highly refined mineral oil. On a side note for the Stihl HP- it is packaged by Omni Specialty Packing. The funny thing is Omni has their own line of 2 cycle under the name Pure Guard (sold cheap a Walmart) In matching up the MSDS's on Pure Guard and Stihl's HP, they have the exact same top 4 components... As for the synthetics - I do not dispute their quality and am liking the 40:1 ratio.

Back