Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you looking for Cory, I have several parts saws of that style in the garage.

that insert is for the PP S25DA, do you need the soft copy? not hard plastic?

I am looking for the soft insert. First of this series I've had. It is the Super 25DA model. I've yet to get the saw running as I was waiting on seals, pull start handle, grip insert, carb kit etc. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the oil pump diaphragm and check valve are still functional. The manual works well enough just sitting there.

Hotshot mentioned he was up to experimenting on redoing those diaphragms with the new nitrile material. I am curious to hear how he makes out.

I am looking for the soft insert. First of this series I've had. It is the Super 25DA model. I've yet to get the saw running as I was waiting on seals, pull start handle, grip insert, carb kit etc. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the oil pump diaphragm and check valve are still functional. The manual works well enough just sitting there.

Hotshot mentioned he was up to experimenting on redoing those diaphragms with the new nitrile material. I am curious to hear how he makes out.

I'll look and see what I have when I get home tonight.

Sure thing I'll let you know what I find. These small saws didn't have a spike did they? I've never seen one.

Sure thing I'll let you know what I find. These small saws didn't have a spike did they? I've never seen one.
IPL calls for one. 530023387. Can't say I have seen a picture of one bolted onto a saw though. They are fastened via the front face of the case (2 holes), as far as I can tell.

I have seen a NOS bucking spike on ebay one time, still in package, several years ago. I almost bought it just for "look factor" but did not. Never seen the need for one on a S25. That and Mike (rms61Moparman) said bucking spikes were for gay men, something to that effect. LOL :laugh:

Gregg,

I have seen a NOS bucking spike on ebay one time, still in package, several years ago. I almost bought it just for "look factor" but did not. Never seen the need for one on a S25. That and Mike (rms61Moparman) said bucking spikes were for gay men, something to that effect. LOL :laugh:

Gregg,

Interesting, I don't think I've ever even seen a picture of a S25 with one on it. It would have to be pretty small wouldn't it?

Gregg,
I think he said that after I found one on line and posted pics of it on my dads S25DA:)

I actually saw one today when I was picking but one of the two little spikes was broken off and missing. They are small!

Latest posts

Back