Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that's right... points from 1976...

I have tracked down a used 34cc cylinder in good-enough condition from a member on here and I'm about to order a piston kit online (unless someone here has any "spares").

This is my first chainsaw tear-down and re-build.
I think I wish I'd started with something less "rare" and "precious" (am I crazy to use those words)?
That way I could make my mistakes and learn on something that was more "disposable" and that has thousands of parts available.
Get you a wild thing, super cheap and a ton of them out there plus they are fun to modify.

Steve

Get you a wild thing, super cheap and a ton of them out there plus they are fun to modify.

Steve
Funny you should say that... I have one... got it for free a couple of weeks ago... all I did on that was a carb-ultrasound and tune.. I ordered a bar and chain and they arrived just this week.
Didn't have to go any deeper...everything "just worked". I daren't tell you which bar and chain I bought.... not on THIS site. ;-)

I have been waiting for these for a long time.
e5d8b0a6f1959bcef930511b44c5cb5f.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

d07ab04b3d7caa6e36ed04dee8f4a968.jpg
I take it that the tiny nipple is for the vent

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The vent line goes in the hole in the tank right there. The small plastic fitting kind of fits in there with the duckbill and the line runs under the ignition wire.

The vent line goes in the hole in the tank right there. The small plastic fitting kind of fits in there with the duckbill and the line runs under the ignition wire.
The one left is fuel supply right

The one left is fuel supply right

Yes left one is the fuel line. Here is a picture that might help. The short line is the vent line, I hadn't tucked it under the ignition wire yet. Don't mind the yellow handle:)

20150209_225444.jpg

Where duck bill go inside tank?

If you look closely at the vent line, right where it goes into the tank you can see the top of a white plastic piece. One end goes into the vent line an the duck bill goes on the other end of it.

I spent 30 mins cleaning it last night and it doesn't look like I did any thing

Latest posts

Back