Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old bow saw ran strong started good ,now won't do any thing but gargle and now nothing maybe something loose to do with the carb ...?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here are two of the S25's I worked on over the weekend.
8c58ddf5ff179708a2f6ea9f1716fcfd.jpg

Lookin' good.

Found this little guy recently myself. Sitting next to a dumpster with some trimmers and stuff. Plug boot missing fuel line was rotted away, and the recoil sprung. Replaced the fuel line and fixed the plug wire and it has great spark. Going on round two with the recoil assembly and trying to get the choke and carb sorted out. Choke lever was missing the wave washer and had a fiber washer instead. Didn't work too well. The recoil is a pain in the ass and requires flywheel removal for access. Been there done that once already, but evidently not correctly. Need a gasket for the intake adapter and am thinking a thin layer of Dirko should be ok?

Anyway, another pretty cool addition to my collection of the various top handles.

0109161116_resized.jpg

0109161117_resized.jpg

1212151118a_resized.jpg

0105161012b_resized.jpg

Need everyone's opinion, I purchased a saw on eBay and the title of the listing stated Vintage Poulan chainsaw Runs 14" bar needs work. The description said 14" bar and chain, hot spark and compression. Looks complete and fired with fuel in carburetor all testing done. Open to offers / questions. The picture is what I recieved
63163f78ee274aed6e77355344e17137.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

The best thing to do is go for a full refund see how the seller responds and go from there

Before Bidding....READ:All Chainsaws are sold for parts or repair or collection only!!! I check for spark,compression and if runs only!!Do not expect to use right out of box,these saws were taken in as trades or found in clean outs,some run,some missing pieces,some have no air cleaners.I sell cheap whole or part saws rather than buying parts you get a nice saw for a cheap price. This is what he now has on his listings.

here is his first response when i told him the top end was toast.

Funny to hear because if trashed would not hold compression.Stumped here never heard of that in my 35 years of chainsaw repair in my shop.That's a weird oddity.What do you have in mind? Robert.

and his 2nd response.

If the saw was for running purposes right out of box it would have been Used.I believe you are either going to use for Parts or maybe Repair it,Since that is what you bought it as.Am I correct in that?

it gets better, 3rd response

The other saws I have listed are the same as what you bought FOR PARTS OR REPAIR. The saw you bought is same.I promised you ground and did Priority.Was selling saw for $50 and took less.Also no need to see pics,I have over 750 saws in my collection not including 2 -48' trailers from shop that closed

4th response

what statement "hot spark and compression. Dirty missing paint no air cleaner other than that looks complete fired with fuel in carburetor all that testing done to it"..That is right on Spark,compression fired up,no air cleaner .All 4 right on money, I do not have time since my shop opens at 8 a.m. I am up at 3 a.m.I shut down at 8 p.m.Try and restore saws in my collection in free time,ebay.Then work from 8-8 in repair shop,I DO NOT have time to open up all saws I sell,why I List as Parts or Repair.All the saws I sell for parts or repair could need nothing or a fuel line or air filter or rope,something it needs ,why I say ask questions or open to offers if buy it now Always list for 30 days plenty of time.So I listed perfect,everything stated was right on money.....

Do you think I have a case?

Shoulda come with one, but all I see is a nasty piston!

Seriously tho, did it fire with mix squirted into the carb as indicated it would before being disassembled?

What is it? What did you pay for it?

Appears to be a calculated risk purchase that just didn't pan out as sometimes tends to be the case.

So instead of asking us...., do YOU have a case?

Shoulda come with one, but all I see is a nasty piston!

Seriously tho, did it fire with mix squirted into the carb as indicated it would before being disassembled?

What is it? What did you pay for it?

Appears to be a calculated risk purchase that just didn't pan out as sometimes tends to be the case.

So instead of asking us...., do YOU have a case?

Pogo, you should never try and fire a used saw as soon as you get it, especially one off of ebay always inspect it for things like this and even a mild tear down to protect your investment. Yes i have a strong case just wanted to share with my fellow Poulan friends.

I have sold 1000 items on ebay and have helped friends and family with many issues on there also , but I have never left any body dissatisfied for any reason in fact I have been scammed just because is was not worth fighting against a dishonest person

Need everyone's opinion, I purchased a saw on eBay and the title of the listing stated Vintage Poulan chainsaw Runs 14" bar needs work. The description said 14" bar and chain, hot spark and compression. Looks complete and fired with fuel in carburetor all testing done. Open to offers / questions. The picture is what I recieved
63163f78ee274aed6e77355344e17137.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Ouch!

Latest posts

Back