Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, same thing, same company.

Also SKF CR 6119 same thing. A little easier to install as the case on the seal runs a few thou smaller on the SKF seals. Either is an exact replacement for the Poulan seal.

Great saw you're fixing up.
I like the Skf 6119 very easy to install.

933ad3df4e511b83304230e74e7a4823.jpg
on cl ad says nos

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That is very cool. I always wonder what the story is on these OLD NOS saws.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

That saw is very nice. I have 2 nos saws. The story behind the new micro was some guys dad got it for Christmas in like 1983 and put it in the cellar. That saw was new in box.
My PP 305 was a dealer extra that never sold. It becam a donor saw. I then found all nos parts, luckily easy stuff like the bar, clutch cover and a couple screws.
My craftsman saws aren't new, never fueled saws but I'll bet the three I have were run less than 3 hours a piece.
There are more than you think kicking around in cellars and sheds

That saw is very nice. I have 2 nos saws. The story behind the new micro was some guys dad got it for Christmas in like 1983 and put it in the cellar. That saw was new in box.
My PP 305 was a dealer extra that never sold. It becam a donor saw. I then found all nos parts, luckily easy stuff like the bar, clutch cover and a couple screws.
My craftsman saws aren't new, never fueled saws but I'll bet the three I have were run less than 3 hours a piece.

A neighbor gave me a PP4620 with the case and extras. IIRC he bought it at a box store, but waited several months before trying to use it. He & one of his sons couldn't figure out why the chain wouldn't turn after they tightened the bar nuts. Turns out it included the wrong chain, so they bought another chain, which was also the wrong chain. The 4620 is basically new.

National is a Federal-Mogul company/brand. I only know because I googled it last night: http://www.fmmotorparts.com/fmstore...oTransOilPumpSeal#.VtT7g3v4kco|horizontalTab1 Now who owns Federal-Mogul, I can't tell you. I have made aquaintances two guys who work for F-M and one who works for Timken. One guy at F-M makes engine valves, don't know what the other does and the guy who works for Timken identified his company as doing bearings. I guess he makes bearing.

No local place to get the SKF, I checked. But I have a friend at one of the local autoparts companies that can order me the National.

If I told you I am afraid of ordering just anywhere because I don't want a fake/poor quality seal, would you believe me?

Federal Mogul and Timken are separate companies. Timken distibutes National Oil seals for Federal Mogul.

Both re 100 years + old . I think Timken employs around 14,000 people and FM around 45,000.

Sounds like they need to sell it cheep and buy a new saw again wondering if they have the new pp5020 bar n chain on it 3/8. The pp4620 runs a .325

I'm starting to think these NOS saws are just like a pretty girlfriend that won't put out. There both ok to look at but really ain't worth much when you get down to it.

My neighbor is moving and asked me if I wanted that pile of wood he had behind his place. It was partially cut up and is mostly junk, like River Birch, some Maple but a bit of Oak in it. Its mostly small stuff, 8-10" about 4' lengths but free is free so I hauled it to the house.

I decided to finish cutting it up so I got out my rebuilt 2500 and ran about 4 tanks through it this morning. That saw's a little stud, it will kill a MS 250 or a Echo 400 and I mean just flat out kill them.

Speaking of the 2500, I run a 16" .325 setup on it and that works for me real well.

If anyone is looking for 16" or 18" bar in LP or .325 I just seen Left Coast supplies has some super cheap deals on them. I mean really cheap.

They also have some K095 3/8's bars in 18 and 24 that will work with your 3300 etc saws with just a bit of modding to the mount.

They mention no price ,want a offer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Of course they do. Seems they always think they hit the mother load. I always tend to piss em off when I do give them a offer, then I just tell them they should be careful what they wish for. :givebeer:

I'm starting to think these NOS saws are just like a pretty girlfriend that won't put out. There both ok to look at but really ain't worth much when you get down to it.
Yeah. That about nails it. Mine sit on a shelf, too many other saws that I can use and I don't sell cause I like having themo_O

Back