Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only seen the green case for the top handles. One that came in with saws I had to work on.

poulan25001.jpg

Well got cylinder back on and as mentioned earlier didn't need to compress the rings. Did a compression test and as expected showed 90 psi. Not good. I might have an old set at home but would like new rings obviously. No one knows of a source do you?

Put my 2800 to work this morning. I'm doing fence line clean up on one of our baseball diamonds, it's bordered by woods and we don't like trees, vines etc. growing too close and we need a path wide enough for a person to walk behind.
We had a good size ash leaning over so much our 8' Jacobsen mower couldn't get under it. Kinda tricky in that it grew on a steep bank and leaned up hill. I notched it and it behaved. Cut what I wanted to 4' and the top I chained and dragged to the woods. The 2800 is just a great mid 40cc sawimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Put my 2800 to work this morning. I'm doing fence line clean up on one of our baseball diamonds, it's bordered by woods and we don't like trees, vines etc. growing too close and we need a path wide enough for a person to walk behind.
We had a good size ash leaning over so much our 8' Jacobsen mower couldn't get under it. Kinda tricky in that it grew on a steep bank and leaned up hill. I notched it and it behaved. Cut what I wanted to 4' and the top I chained and dragged to the woods. The 2800 is just a great mid 40cc saw
View attachment 489202

You did great job of making that look as though it was cut with a chainsaw :laugh:.

Hey And help!!! Trying to get all the parts together for my 3.7 (3700 wannabe). I still need the oil seals. Modifiedmark told me to use Timken 253747. I cannot get them locally but I see the National 253747. And the specs aren't showing up in that link like they do on my PC but what I am seeing on the official Timken seal catalog shows the shaft, bore, O.D. and width to be the same. Has anyone ised the National? Thanks!

Hey And help!!! Trying to get all the parts together for my 3.7 (3700 wannabe). I still need the oil seals. Modifiedmark told me to use Timken 253747. I cannot get them locally but I see the National 253747. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d..._1256497_-1&pt=C0073&ppt=C0338#itemDetailTab_ and the specs aren't showing up in that link like they do on my PC but what I am seeing on the official Timken seal catalog shows the shaft, bore, O.D. and width to be the same. Has anyone ised the National? Thanks!

Yep, same thing, same company.

Also SKF CR 6119 same thing. A little easier to install as the case on the seal runs a few thou smaller on the SKF seals. Either is an exact replacement for the Poulan seal.

Great saw you're fixing up.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Yep, same thing, same company.

Also SKF CR 6119 same thing. A little easier to install as the case on the seal runs a few thou smaller on the SKF seals. Either is an exact replacement for the Poulan seal.

Great saw you're fixing up.

Thanks Tim, we were typing at the same time! That was my weekly post, LOL

Old Poulan Thread post 30432 still had these pics in it, after the link bucks hack

National is a Federal-Mogul company/brand. I only know because I googled it last night: http://www.fmmotorparts.com/fmstore...oTransOilPumpSeal#.VtT7g3v4kco|horizontalTab1 Now who owns Federal-Mogul, I can't tell you. I have made aquaintances two guys who work for F-M and one who works for Timken. One guy at F-M makes engine valves, don't know what the other does and the guy who works for Timken identified his company as doing bearings. I guess he makes bearing.

No local place to get the SKF, I checked. But I have a friend at one of the local autoparts companies that can order me the National.

If I told you I am afraid of ordering just anywhere because I don't want a fake/poor quality seal, would you believe me?

Back