Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a time line for the saws l-r
335, 3.7, 365, and 330.
You can see the differences in the intake and covers. I think only the 3.7 and 365 have their style covers and were not used on any other models. The 3450, 3750, 330, 380 and the bad boy saws all used the same style. The recoils changed as well. Two different carbs...View attachment 488516

Great looking saws Joe!

335, 3.7, 365, and 330.
You can see the differences in the intake and covers. I think only the 3.7 and 365 have their style covers and were not used on any other models. The 3450, 3750, 330, 380 and the bad boy saws all used the same style. The recoils changed as well. Two different carbs...View attachment 488516
Poulan's last run at a real pro saw. They are much lighter and will run with any saw in their class.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

335, 3.7, 365, and 330.

My 3600 cover looks like the one on the 365. Same PN as well. The 3500 and 3350 used the cover as well, at least looking at the IPL's.

That's a very nice collection you have there.

3600.jpg

I got the Husky 55 piston in today for a possible substitute for a 54ccer piston - $6.99 shipped and only 8 days total from the other side of the world - very surprised. I figured minor piston mods were doable and anything else was out of the equation.

The good- The product's overall milling is very nice and the piston is a bit lighter. The ring has no visible imperfections.

The bad is everything else.... After doing some measurements it was quick to see that I took one for the team:)

- diameter is .20 mm less.
- crown to top of ring is 0.5 mm thicker
- skirt length 1mm longer -if that was the only issue, game on that's and easy fix.
- the big problem is the wrist pin center is 2mm lower - won't fit at TDC - if someone could mill the top down there would be not be enough meat from the crown to the ring.
-if there is a way to get this piston to work it's way out of my league...
DSCN0739.JPG

Joe, that's a great find, & thanks for the model # photo.
I didn't see a Stihl MS 361 in your 60cc class collection :laugh: .

In case anybody does a copy & paste when something interesting is posted (I do):

Poulan Pro PP365 -- Craftsman 358.351240

Although not a Poulan, this is a not-sold-for-very-long Craftsman worth finding:

Solo 651SP -- Craftsman 360.352010

Edit-Damn, I screwed up that Craftsman model number but good.

I got the Husky 55 piston in today for a possible substitute for a 54ccer piston - $6.99 shipped and only 8 days total from the other side of the world - very surprised. I figured minor piston mods were doable and anything else was out of the equation.

The good- The product's overall milling is very nice and the piston is a bit lighter. The ring has no visible imperfections.

The bad is everything else.... After doing some measurements it was quick to see that I took one for the team:)

- skirt length 1mm longer -if that was the only issue, game on that's and easy fix.
- the big problem is the wrist pin center is 2mm lower - won't fit at TDC - if someone could mill the top down there would be not be enough meat from the crown to the ring.
View attachment 488542
Don't know till you try

View attachment 488542

Sorry it didn't work out. Good try though. I see the OEM ones are kind of dear.

View attachment 488542
Get a squish cut without taking the base of jug down higher compression no Change in port timing youl be close to golden

Don't know till you try

Prob goof around with it today.

Get a squish cut without taking the base of jug down higher compression no Change in port timing youl be close to golden

Going to check the timing numbers and squish with the old piston with no gasket for a base line knowing I have 0.020 adjustment with the 55 piston if I add a gasket. The last 3300 that I measured had a starting squish of 0.052 so there is a little room to play with.

ChipsFlyin, sorry to hear the piston wasn't a close enough match to work without some complicated (to me) modifying to it and/or the jug.

Mentioning modified, congrats to modified mark on the 2400. It's nice to see a rebuilt small Poulan bring the money it deserves.

Was that the one that he had on ebay?

2ae8a868ef903c686c2a3a9b0acd6667.jpg

New "family pic"
Officially have 2 runner in each series.

In Vermont and found that my 4000 has a loose intake manifold. Removed the cylinder hex bolts but found that the right rear one is rounded off. Guess it was like that when I picked it up. Any ideas? Wonder if I can force a metric 5 mm T handle Allen wrench on it to get it loose. Someone suggested putting JB weld onto the 3/16 t handle let it harden and remove it. I have my doubts it would hold. It's in such a tight spot that options are limited.

Latest posts

Back