Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does any anyone have a 4000 ring that you can measure the thickness? Also need to determine the diameter of the piston. Maybe The Greek can get the rings. Need to provide these dimensions.

I do. I have 2 rings off of this other piston if you need them.

Not a saw, but still very cool. Here is my latest pick up, got delivered yesterday. It's from 1979, but there is hardly any sign of use. I was expecting some serious grease marks and writing on the pages, but that's not the case. This is going to be very helpful with parts and working on several of my saws. Has some really interesting service bulletins in it too from 1979.

View attachment 489681

View attachment 489683

View attachment 489684

View attachment 489685

That's a great resource

Jerry, what do you use to drive the seal in with?
I use a small tack hammer and/or a deep socket. For those that it will fit on, I also use a flat washer big enough around, and with a big enough center hole, so that I don't drive the seal too deep. Still manage to get some cocked though. Gotta hold your tongue just right

Knowing the seller, it'll reappear for double that price.
Or it just disappeared that fast from my dumb ass self posting it lol

I used to see that a lot with guitars on CL. The seller gets a lot of responses, wakes up, does some research, and raises the price.

Back