Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
ebd21cfa5bcef100f7802d2117fbf265.jpg

e3abe523703528ed6aa1260aba02543a.jpg

Not really glamour shot material, but wiped some of the mung off of her.

You should let me detail it Shawn then you'll never want to use it haha!

Well pass it along.
I'm always more than happy to help get saws to members.
655bp for sale locally. Still a bit steep on price.
A 30 inch bar and a saw that can pull it . Plunge cuts . Like em green . 5200 or 5400 maybe .This is the part you all are going to help. If you think a pp475 will do the job I dont need one today . I am a firewood guy 20 cords a year . Only need 30 inch 2 or 3 times a year Run a 20 or 24 the most of the time
Think i have 6 months more or less so not rushing in Wish i found this site a long time ago

A 30 inch bar and a saw that can pull it . Plunge cuts . Like em green . 5200 or 5400 maybe .This is the part you all are going to help. If you think a pp475 will do the job I dont need one today . I am a firewood guy 20 cords a year . Only need 30 inch 2 or 3 times a year Run a 20 or 24 the most of the time
Think i have 6 months more or less so not rushing in Wish i found this site a long time ago
Pp475, so a jred 2077 iirc. Damn good saw. Should pull a 28 with authority id like to think.

image.jpg image.jpg I was only gonna clean this 3000 up, inspect it and run it this week. It came in as a solid runner so I had no major concerns. Looking over it earlier I spotted a broken lower front a/v bushing with a Mickey Mouse fix. Not my style. Ordering parts Tomm.
All the date stamps lead me to thinking this is a 1986 3000. Thin rings chrome bore. I think 86 was the first year for these as I've never seen an 85.

View attachment 490170 View attachment 490171 I was only gonna clean this 3000 up, inspect it and run it this week. It came in as a solid runner so I had no major concerns. Looking over it earlier I spotted a broken lower front a/v bushing with a Mickey Mouse fix. Not my style. Ordering parts Tomm.
All the date stamps lead me to thinking this is a 1986 3000. Thin rings chrome bore. I think 86 was the first year for these as I've never seen an 85.
My orange 3000 is stamped '86 everywhere and has the thin rings and chrome bore. I picked up some new av buffers as well. Cheap. Picked up a half dozen plastic starter pawls as well to replace and have on hand. With base gasket deletion on those they tend to take a bit of a beating. $0.50 a piece or something like that.

My orange 3000 is stamped '86 everywhere and has the thin rings and chrome bore. I picked up some new av buffers as well. Cheap. Picked up a half dozen plastic starter pawls as well to replace and have on hand. With base gasket deletion on those they tend to take a bit of a beating. $0.50 a piece or something like that.
Yeah fair amount of parts still available

I cut this oak tree today, let's say it did not go as planned. The tree was literally top soil 1" inside the bark at the cut. I pinched the saw 3/4" in and new something was wrong. Removed saw from bar and picked up another saw. Cut the backside 3/4" and she went down. The tree looked very healthy 3ft from the ground and showed no rot.
a5dc3ba997a7395006c72e9c933556d3.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I cut this oak tree today, let's say it did not go as planned. The tree was literally top soil 1" inside the bark at the cut. I pinched the saw 3/4" in and new something was wrong. Removed saw from bar and picked up another saw. Cut the backside 3/4" and she went down. The tree looked very healthy 3ft from the ground and showed no rot.
a5dc3ba997a7395006c72e9c933556d3.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
What model greenie

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back