Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the saw I first saw in trade post listed Wed. sold by morning Thurs. Same pic. 375.00 Full wrap 325.00 for half.
I think you should hold your 5400 till I get my taxes back than make me a fair deal.
That's actually a 5200 that has been moved over to eBay, and isn't mine lol.
I just got my 5400 and have no intention of selling it yet.

Congtrats! Nate Looks good to me! :D I still havn't got mine in some wood yet. Maybe it will quit raining and dry up some around here. Mud season here. :( Looking forward to some pics & vids of it in action!!!

Gregg,

Thanks Gregg, the only real issue I've found is that the window between the oil and fuel tanks is missing so fuel got into the oil tank when I had it on it's side cleaning it. I didn't realize it until after I cleaned it. It was late so I didn't empty the fuel tank to see if I could find that piece but I'm going to try to tonight.

On the 655, if I find the tank window in the bottom of the tank, what kind of JB Weld is best to get it to stay back where it needs to be. I've never worked with JB Weld.

Regular JB weld I'd think.
Motoseal maybe?
I'm sure someone that's done one before will chime in shortly.
I use regular JB weld, not the fast setting kind. I found it a little cumbersome working through the oil and fuel openings. Would be much easier if case was split.

I use regular JB weld, not the fast setting kind. I found it a little cumbersome working through the oil and fuel openings. Would be much easier if case was split.

Thanks! But even if more difficult, you can do it through the holes without splitting the tank correct?

Thanks! But even if more difficult, you can do it through the holes without splitting the tank correct?
Yup. It's been a while but I recall roughing up the surface, put some JB weld on the surface, inserted the divider and then add more JB weld over the edges. The first application of JB weld seemed to hold the divider in place. I have large hands so maybe smaller hands will find it easier.

Yup. It's been a while but I recall roughing up the surface, put some JB weld on the surface, inserted the divider and then add more JB weld over the edges. The first application of JB weld seemed to hold the divider in place. I have large hands so maybe smaller hands will find it easier.

Thanks for the tips, hopefully I'll find it tonight.

I know one of those saws are from one of our guys and was gone through properly, don't know about the other one. I say good for him on making a few bucks to keep his CAD going. For the ones paying that kind of money :dizzy:. For me - With parts becoming rare to extinct and anything new is basically NLA, I can't see buying an older saw for $3-400 especially if going to cut any kind of wood. I have 2 big saws. If need be in the future, the one can rebuild for cheap and many parts are available. The other will be eventually sold because I know that there are no parts anywhere. Add those 2 saw final prices together and that's pretty much what I have in the 13 saws in my signature which includes what ever was needed to make them wood worthy - bars, chains, carb kits, fliters ...

I know one of those saws are from one of our guys and was gone through properly, don't know about the other one. I say good for him on making a few bucks to keep his CAD going. For the ones paying that kind of money :dizzy:. For me - With parts becoming rare to extinct and anything new is basically NLA, I can't see buying an older saw for $3-400 especially if going to cut any kind of wood. I have 2 big saws. If need be in the future, the one can rebuild for cheap and many parts are available. The other will be eventually sold because I know that there are no parts anywhere. Add those 2 saw final prices together and that's pretty much what I have in the 13 saws in my signature which includes what ever was needed to make them wood worthy - bars, chains, carb kits, fliters ...
He did extremely well on that. Waayyyy better than I could've ever dreamed.

I see that price and wonder how my 8500 I sold 2 years ago, full wrap, w/ a 28" .404 on it didn't even get half that.

Prices like that almost make me want to take the gamble on one I have here.

Almost....

He did extremely well on that. Waayyyy better than I could've ever dreamed.

I see that price and wonder how my 8500 I sold 2 years ago, full wrap, w/ a 28" .404 on it didn't even get half that.

Prices like that almost make me want to take the gamble on one I have here.

Almost....

That's the highest I have seen for a 5200.

It's good to know that a member here made some money.

There's another plus. When some people see those kinds of prices, they're motivated to list similar saws. If they don't do something to "protect" the price they want, those auctions can end with pretty low bids, esp if there are several listings.

Back