Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did extremely well on that. Waayyyy better than I could've ever dreamed.

I see that price and wonder how my 8500 I sold 2 years ago, full wrap, w/ a 28" .404 on it didn't even get half that.

Prices like that almost make me want to take the gamble on one I have here.

Almost....

I bet the 4200 with the reserve goes for stupid money. Paint your saw and attach it to the movie.:crazy2: :chainsaw:

I'm glad Nate got what he did for his 5200. That just boggles my mind the prices that some of these saws are getting these days. I'm kinda old fashion and seem to live in the past anyway. LOL Its beginning to look like I will never get a 8500, 7700, 5400 the way they are trending. Just a few years ago $200 was a high price on a 5200. Now lucky if that buys you a iffy parts saw..

Its the same for most all of the older Poulans though. I think I paid $90 for my best (most like new 4000). The others I have were less than that! Kinda makes me want to "pertty up" my older 5200 and see what happens....Naw..I just can't do it. :eek:

Gregg,

The Texas chainsaw massacre one?
I remember that one from Facebook. He got ripped to shreds over there for painting it up like that and was wanting some ungodly amount of money

Yes. I just found a video on that saw. After looking at 15 seconds of the vid - I know the reserve has to be in space.

My 5400 and 245SA are staying put. I lucked into the 5400 on CL, & the 245SA on eBay (that was a total shocker!).

For now.

Some future home much-needed repairs might change my mind.
I see Remington in your collection would that be 52cc 20 inch if so what do you think of it? I see one on CL 200 new in box . I don't any more 50 cc saws but I know a guy that likes my poulan 5020

I'm glad Nate got what he did for his 5200. That just boggles my mind the prices that some of these saws are getting these days. I'm kinda old fashion and seem to live in the past anyway. LOL Its beginning to look like I will never get a 8500, 7700, 5400 the way they are trending. Just a few years ago $200 was a high price on a 5200. Now lucky if that buys you a iffy parts saw..

Its the same for most all of the older Poulans though. I think I paid $90 for my best (most like new 4000). The others I have were less than that! Kinda makes me want to "pertty up" my older 5200 and see what happens....Naw..I just can't do it. :eek:

Gregg,

I was really surprised on the 5200. Normally I don't spend much on saws, don't really have the money too, but I wanted the 655 BP and needed some cash for it. I have 2 5200's and figured I could let one go to get the 655. It just ended up going for quite a bit more than I thought it would. I hope it's a good saw for the person who bought it and I got the 655 I wanted, all seemed to work out.

Just picked up a PP 375. Don't know what I was expecting but in looking at it, it shares the same parts as a 3700 with a 4000 filter cover. Is there something I'm missing? Even looks like a 3700 P&C would bolt right up.

No, your not missing anything Bob. The pp375 is just that...a 3700 in 4000 clothing. :D The only thing different that I have noticed is most have a Zama carb instead of Walbro. But, both will appear, mine is the Zama.

Gregg,

Just picked up a PP 375. Don't know what I was expecting but in looking at it, it shares the same parts as a 3700 with a 4000 filter cover. Is there something I'm missing? Even looks like a 3700 P&C would bolt right up.

I have a 375 also Bob and like Gregg said it is just like a 3700 in yellow. Nothing wrong with a 3700 or 375 both are great running saws in my opinion.
Just like the 395 is just a 4000 except in yellow.

I see Remington in your collection would that be 52cc 20 inch if so what do you think of it? I see one on CL 200 new in box . I don't any more 50 cc saws but I know a guy that likes my poulan 5020

I have a couple of older Remington saws, a SL-4 re-badged for Montgomery Ward, & a Remingtom SL-11.

IIRC the new Remington saws are the same as the "new" McCulloch models that are, and have been for a while, sold in Europe. Made in China saws that aren't worth the asking price; whoever is importing them is using the Remington name to overprice them. I'd buy a current model 50cc Remington saw if it was a very clean runner, but wouldn't pay more than 50 maybe 60. AS member 67L36Driver knows quite a bit about the history of Remington saws.

I should've added with condition & price being pretty much equal, my money would go for a Poulan 5020, 4818, 4620, or 295 before I'd buy a "new" 50cc Remington.
I just dont like telling anyone what saw to buy. He might use it twice a year . Every spring I have to start his mower this time I put STA-BIL and topped off the tank . It works for mine.

Back