Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the tank window for the 655 last night when I drained the tanks. Also found a think piece of old JB Weld that was holding it in before. I cleaned the area good and scuffed up the window a bit in hopes that it will bond better this time, got back in with new JB Weld and it should be ready by 6pm tonight, that'll be 24 hours.

Here is a pic of the window and the old JB Weld in case someone doesn't know what one looks like, I didn't before this.

20160315_174424_resized.jpg

Anybody know the reasoning behind the window between the tanks, seems like a silly design to me unless there was a good reason for it.

Likewise. The 5020 is one of the best deals out there when it comes to the E-lux import big box choices. Surprisingly simple to work on as well. Parts are cheap if ya actually want to fix one that has problems. Ya can tear one down completely in twenty minutes.
Tree guy buddy of mine bought one in a pinch out of sheer desperation one day as a ground saw and was amazed at the cost vs. performance. Went back and bought another one. Beat em both senseless and brought em to me for revival. Told him "no freekin' way". Told me to just keep em.
Got curious. Tore one down. Needed an oiler assembly and the secondary recoil EZ start nonsense. The oiler kit was 6 bux and the recoil kit was 3 bux. Had the parts in a coupla days from ereplacement. Called the guy and asked if he wanted it back and he says, "Hell ya! Can ya fix the other one too"?

Silly me.

Mix and match today. I attempted to get one runner from two. I am going to have to troubleshoot the impulse circuit it seems. Fuel pump diaphragm didn't look bad? It really pulls fuel through the line when I have it choked. But will hardly do a thing when it is not. Runs for a bit and starves out. Thinking reed? Dunno.

Poulan - Micro 2 into 1.jpg

Gray one looks exactly like my 3.0. I don't think Sears did a 2.8 in that frame. All I have seen are the 3000 and 3300.

They did indeed make a 46cc version for Craftsman, actually a whole lot of them.

The Sears/Craftsman 49cc version is different from any Poulan model as it used a chrome piston version. I have a NOS piston here for one, and it will probably never never find a saw that needs it.

I have a couple of older Remington saws, a SL-4 re-badged for Montgomery Ward, & a Remingtom SL-11.

IIRC the new Remington saws are the same as the "new" McCulloch models that are, and have been for a while, sold in Europe. Made in China saws that aren't worth the asking price; whoever is importing them is using the Remington name to overprice them. I'd buy a current model 50cc Remington saw if it was a very clean runner, but wouldn't pay more than 50 maybe 60. AS member 67L36Driver knows quite a bit about the history of Remington saws.

Those Remington models seemed to appear shortly after Jenn Feng of Taiwan gave up the McCulloch name for North America and seem to be based on the same Taiwan made saws. When searching for parts they come up under MTD and good luck getting any parts for them.

As far as I'm concerned they are pure junk and I wouldn't take them if they were given to me.

They did indeed make a 46cc version for Craftsman, actually a whole lot of them.

The Sears/Craftsman 49cc version is different from any Poulan model as it used a chrome piston version. I have a NOS piston here for one, and it will probably never never find a saw that needs it.

Any idea what the craftsman # was on the 46ccer.

Interesting on the 49cc piston. Craftsman 3.0 # 358356070 piston part # 18863 right? Chrome, that piston should last forever.

Any idea what the craftsman # was on the 46ccer.

Interesting on the 49cc piston. Craftsman 3.0 # 358356070 piston part # 18863 right? Chrome, that piston should last forever.
Nope, not off hand, no idea the Craftsman numbers. I never was good at remembering numbers. I would have to look at the piston again for the number.

Nope, not off hand, no idea the Craftsman numbers. I never was good at remembering numbers. I would have to look at the piston again for the number.

I can't remember numbers. If I know I have access to an IPL I try not to remember. Poulan has way to many mix match parts and not so mix match parts. I have to use the IPL's. My 3.0 Manual with IPL is a bit blurry on the part #'s so 6's could be 8's and so on- that's why I was double checking numbers.

Latest posts

Back