Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based off the big "P" series pioneers that were built in Canada. The Poulan versions may be slightly different but I've never had one. Do have a kick a$$ p41 though.

I knew they were based off of the Pioneer P series saws but I guess I never realized that Pioneer was built in Canada. So it's a Poulan Pro 655 BP eh then? LOL!

Fruits of labor with a Poulan chainsaw. Apple wood smoked pork loin infused with apple juice (secret recipe) injection. Served with a peach,garlic habanero hot sauce!View attachment 495467

Ya had me hooked..till ya got to the Habanero Hot Sauce part!!! LOL;) :barbecue:

Gregg,

Lo
Bought a set of correct west coast dogs for the 655 and put them on last night. Looks way better than the ones that were on it that were homemade by someone.

Also, tag on the bottom of the saw says it built in Canada, were a lot of these models built there?

View attachment 495424
View attachment 495425

Looks good Nate! I think we got the new spike sets from the same seller. lol Yes, those saws were made in Canada. Poulan even carried the Pioneer legacy along for some time in their Poulan Pro logo, with the Pioneer "Pine tree" inside the P in Pro. :D

Poulan655bp%20015_zpsp4hwyz77.jpg

Poulan655bp%20017_zpsoxowggzc.jpg

Gregg,

Built by Pioneer in Canada.
Last of those made before the pioneer saws disappeared.

I think your confused.

When those saws were made, there was no such thing as Pioneer any longer. They were Pioneer designed saws no doubt but they were made in the EMAB plant in Canada. Pioneer went out in 84, then from then till 88 there were the Pioneer/Partner saws and that was the end of anything Pioneer.

I'm not sure if the Pioneer based Pioneer/Partner saws were made at the EMAP plant but I think so. I don't think anything was produced in Peterborough between 84-88.

The Poulan Pro's came out in 89 if I remember right.

I have been told that the machinery was later sent to Shreveport and some were made there, but I have never had that confirmed.

Ok this one has to have been put together out of parts.
Red 3.7 with a 4000 af and hand guard.
http://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/5516085394.html

Yikes. I picked-up a totally stock red Craftsman (Poulan) 3.7--used but clean for its age, with compression and spark, with the case--for $35.00 from a local CL ad. And a used but clean runner on from eBay for about $55.00 (saved the shipping because the seller was in Spring, which is very close to Houston).

I think your confused.

When those saws were made, there was no such thing as Pioneer any longer. They were Pioneer designed saws no doubt but they were made in the EMAB plant in Canada. Pioneer went out in 84, then from then till 88 there were the Pioneer/Partner saws and that was the end of anything Pioneer.

I'm not sure if the Pioneer based Pioneer/Partner saws were made at the EMAP plant but I think so. I don't think anything was produced in Peterborough between 84-88.

The Poulan Pro's came out in 89 if I remember right.

I have been told that the machinery was later sent to Shreveport and some were made there, but I have never had that confirmed.

I'm sometimes confused by the "blurred" lines between models. Forgive me if I'm attempting to clarify the obvious:

Some of the Poulan Pro models were definitely based on Pioneer designs, perhaps even true copies, but technically they were not re-badged Pioneer saws because Pioneer was no longer making chainsaws?

I stand corrected.
I know my 655 was made in Canada, as were the couple of other smaller PP saws I've seen based on pioneer saws.
Wasn't pioneer/partner bought out by elux as well?
I've seen some later model plastic poulan saws called partners.

I stand corrected.
I know my 655 was made in Canada, as were the couple of other smaller PP saws I've seen based on pioneer saws.
Wasn't pioneer/partner bought out by elux as well?
I've seen some later model plastic poulan saws called partners.

I'm going by memory here and could easily have this at least partially incorrect:

--Jenn Feng owned (owns??) the European rights to the McCulloch and Partner names.
--In Europe they sold some Made In China models under the McCulloch and Partner names. There are some threads here at AS discussing this, with some links to the chainsaws.
--I think the we're now seeing some of those models offered in the US under the Remington brand name. If someone wanted to put in the effort they might be able to find images showing many similarities between the McCulloch, Partner, & Remington saws.

A sort-of related note:

--Craftsman is now offering saws with a label that mentions Husqvarna by name. Going by what I've seen on-line---I've checked in person, but didn't find the actual models in stock at a couple of local Sears stores---they look a lot like the McCulloch, Partner, & Remington designs. I think?? that Sears uses the 358 prefix, which should (used to only?) indicate Poulan made products. But I don't know. I'm going to check for a listing & will post a link or two later if I find them.

I'm sometimes confused by the "blurred" lines between models. Forgive me if I'm attempting to clarify the obvious:

Some of the Poulan Pro models were definitely based on Pioneer designs, perhaps even true copies, but technically they were not re-badged Pioneer saws because Pioneer was no longer making chainsaws?

Sorry your confused but I thought I just said that in the quote you quoted..

Latest posts

Back