Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Another thought. Turn the saw on the recoil side. The muffler might just be large enough to warm up a couple hot dogs for a snack after cutting.
feed-me.gif

It's close to lunch time.....

Thanks, looks a lot better than that other one that was hacked on in a few spots.

This might be a stupid question but here goes. If I am trying to order some Husqvarna parts and I find Poulan parts with the exact same part number are they the same part?

Brian

What would make and engine surge, air leak or lack or fuel, carb is clean and getting fuel. Oh , its a Craftsman Roper Ranger.

Steve

Usually lack of fuel. I've never had one surge that had an air leak but it wouldn't four stroke. Any chance your fuel line is soft? it could be collapsing under high fuel demand. Blocked tank vents may do that as well. easy to check that. Just loosen the fuel cap to let air in while it's running.
You may have a partially blocked high speed circuit in the carb or the metering lever may be too low. I'm assuming you put a carb kit in.
Maybe a dirty fuel filter.

What make and model is the carb?

What's the max rpm for the big countervibes? Been a while since I have messed with one. I know have seen them over 7500 on a tach.

Are there any after market fuel caps available for the S25CVA? If not, what do you use? Also, is there a duck bill check valve in the center of the cap? Mine has a star washer retainer and I don't want to remove it unless necessary. It's leaking gas out the center hole. Not sure if it's filter, check, or both.

Are there any after market fuel caps available for the S25CVA? If not, what do you use? Also, is there a duck bill check valve in the center of the cap? Mine has a star washer retainer and I don't want to remove it unless necessary. It's leaking gas out the center hole. Not sure if it's filter, check, or both.

Unfortunately not new, that I know of, but havn't really looked. Yes, there is a duckbill valve that goes in the cap, thats what the star washer is for.

Gregg,

The Poulan PN for the duckbill is 530026119. Current production.

The cover screws are 10-24 screws

The bar plates are getting scarce. 530002603 or 530025924.

You could also add the bar tension slot to an old Homelite XL-12 (5/16" bar studs) outer plate.
I think the outer bar plate number is 530010829.
Heres a add on ebay for some various Poulan bits & parts, got a couple bar plates in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poulan-3400...768511?hash=item35fd968bbf:g:vbwAAOSwGYVW8u2n

Gregg,
Thanks Gregg, I saw that ad but was hoping to pay less for a bar plate by itself. Strangely the inner is still available new.

I think the outer bar plate number is 530010829.

I believe 530010829 is for the bar clamp (clutch cover assy) for the 3800. The two numbers I posted are for the outer bar plate. The 530002603 PN was used on the 2XX , 306, 3400 - 4000 and the 530025924 was the 4200, 5200 outer plate with an adjuster slot added which fits the 3400 - 4000 series. I guess they they superceded the early plate to make the one fit all. The 530025924 plate is a little larger but works fine.

Back