Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chris, looked at one on EB last night for $115 near me. Looks a little rough, has no guards but has the dogs.

Steve

I really need to learn how to do an image capture, or whatever is needed to post the actual page with the drawings. I was going to post a link, but the OM with IPL didn't include the bow bars & hardware. Not sure where I downloaded the IPL with the bow bar info, I probably followed a link posted here somewhere.

Type "snip" into your search box on the lower left and the shipping tool will show up as a program. Super easy way to screen snip images and then it can be saved as a .jpg and put on AS as an image.

Brian

Been working on a another Poulan 365. I have one and want to do another. This one has a chain brake on it. It had a scored piston and cylinder on it when I received about 4 years ago. Just now getting to fixing it up. I want to used it this year for fire wood up in the mountains. I always take at least 2 saws when I go.

Tightened up the squish some and did a little grinding on the ports. Just opened them up a little.

IMG_0873.JPG IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG

Been working on a another Poulan 365. I have one and want to do another. This one has a chain brake on it. It had a scored piston and cylinder on it when I received about 4 years ago. Just now getting to fixing it up. I want to used it this year for fire wood up in the mountains. I always take at least 2 saws when I go.

Tightened up the squish some and did a little grinding on the ports. Just opened them up a little.

View attachment 496867 View attachment 496868 View attachment 496869

Those 60cc poulans are hard to beat. I have 2 365s, 3450 type3, and an sp 380. The sp 380 came to work today to take over for my 2800. I try to rotate the saws in and out
I know the 3450 3s, 3750, and sp 380 use a giladroni cylinder but I never checked the 365s

Yep they are gilardoni also. The cylinder looks identical to the 3750 to me. The 3450 type 2 has a different looking cylinder. Mainly the transfer ports.
The 365 does have a smaller carb on I believe it is a HDA 49. I have a 330 parts saw here and might see what it will take to put a 164 carb on it.

Yep they are gilardoni also. The cylinder looks identical to the 3750 to me. The 3450 type 2 has a different looking cylinder. Mainly the transfer ports.
The 365 does have a smaller carb on I believe it is a HDA 49. I have a 330 parts saw here and might see what it will take to put a 164 carb on it.

Roger, which "type" number is your 365? If its a later one that uses the studs coming from the back side of the carb box with nuts holding the carb on, then the larger 330 intake boot and HD164 carb will go right on it.

I did the same basic cylinder work on mine and used the larger boot and carb. It's a very snappy, strong saw.

Yes it is like you say Mark. It does have the studs coming from the back side of the carb box. I am glad you mentioned that. I have a new OEM large intake and a new 164 carb here the rest I figure I can get from my parts 330. I will try and get around to mounting the cylinder tomorrow. Squish is set to around .022"

Yes it is like you say Mark. It does have the studs coming from the back side of the carb box. I am glad you mentioned that. I have a new OEM large intake and a new 164 carb here the rest I figure I can get from my parts 330. I will try and get around to mounting the cylinder tomorrow. Squish is set to around .022"

Yes I forgot you will need the steel plate with the larger hole in it between the carb and the boot and of course a matching gasket. Those parts are still available from Poulan also..

Those 60cc poulans are hard to beat. I have 2 365s, 3450 type3, and an sp 380. The sp 380 came to work today to take over for my 2800. I try to rotate the saws in and out
I know the 3450 3s, 3750, and sp 380 use a giladroni cylinder but I never checked the 365s

The SP 380 is the only one of those I have not acquired yet. They just seem to have become very pricey. The TA 3750 I really like also.

Anyone have an outer bar plate for a 3400? I got the saw in a box in pieces. Have been gathering the parts to assemble it. Finally have everything but the outer bar plate and screws for the cylinder shroud.

Found a good used muffler to swap onto my 655 last week. Finally had a little time yesterday to clean all the crap off, get the carbon out, hit it with a red scotch brite pad and rattle canned it with high temp bbq paint. Here it is back on the saw. Much better:)

View attachment 496794

Looks great! Another thought. Turn the saw on the recoil side. The muffler might just be large enough to warm up a couple hot dogs for a snack after cutting.
feed-me.gif

It's close to lunch time.....

Latest posts

Back