Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled off the muffler and snapped some pics of the bore and piston on the 4000. Pretty happy overall. Just wish I could find some NOS rings for the 4000s

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 18
View attachment 526391 you guys won't believe this is just came home with these an 1800,335,336,3700,475pro,4200,and...............A 5200!!! I finally got one, the bores good it just needs going through an new muffler and some av mounts, and I got brand new OEM piston kit and new OEM cylinder for the 335 or 336 not sure which yet................175 bucks!!!!! I can't even function I'm so stoked

Nice haul. I dont get lucky like that anymore.

Here's a question for the poulan guys. How would a poulan pro 475 and a 5200 stack up against one another? Stone stock. Which would come out ahead, with same bar and chains?

Lucky for me I own both I see a showdown when there all done and ready. So I figure with a short bar the 475 would cut faster then when the bars get long and the wood gets big the 5200 would shine. I cannot wait to get the 5200 in tip-top shape. Everyone keeps telling me in Stock form it's one of the strongest saws in its class even by today's standards

Here's a question for the poulan guys. How would a poulan pro 475 and a 5200 stack up against one another? Stone stock. Which would come out ahead, with same bar and chains?

To put them in same cc range. I have run 5200 and 505. 4900 and 475. The older saws are torque monsters and beast in the cuts. Even though IMO they are better saws in the cut then the partner designed saws. I still prefer the newer ones.

Very nice to ship them for free

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

He seems like a super nice guy. He was asking $350. I paid him the $350. I actually have access to free shipping via ups (Long story but a perk of my job) so I sent him the ups labels to ship them. He was kind enough to box them up and pack them. I want to restore one of them to surprise my dad. He's too old to use such a big saw now but he'll be happy to see one of these restored to its old glory.

I was going to go look at those two 5200s a couple days ago and decided to pass on em. Hopefully they are in good shape for you, make sure you go through them, he said they haven't ran in 8 years.

Latest posts

Back