Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance to start putting the project 3500 back together today. Got to thank @Modifiedmark for the advise and the fuel tank! Thanks Mark.

New Fuel tank, ring, seals, updated to larger carb and intake boot, cylinder gasket delete, installed a brake. This thing is gonna growl!

View attachment 549312
View attachment 549314

Nice. Thats how I like them. Low tops with big carb and intake updates.

How much does one of those chain brake clutch covers like that weigh? Never used one of those style. Even though see them for sale all the time.

Nice. Thats how I like them. Low tops with big carb and intake updates.

How much does one of those chain brake clutch covers like that weigh? Never used one of those style. Even though see them for sale all the time.

This brake assembly doesn't seem all that heavy. Actually now that you mention it, it seemed pretty lite. Never thought to weigh them and see what the difference was. I think I paid a little under $40 shipped for that guy. I like the look of the old school metal flags.

IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0299.JPG Points vs electronic flywheels for S25da. Is there a difference? Also I'm attaching a photo of a different style flywheel. Is it simply a newer style? Second pic is of a points (left) next to the different style. First pic is points flywheel ( left) and the normal electronic flywheel. Only diff. I can see is the raised portion on the points wheel.

i think one difference to the 2nd picture is flywheel key thickness, could there be a timing issue as well with TDC etc. are you sure they are all S25 series? what is the concern? if they fit and are the same height etc. i guess you could try them out. I am sure i have everyone of those somewhere with my 35 or so in that model.

Definitetly a difference in timing, & also watch out when buying replacement FWs because there are electronic
Craftsman 2.3 flywheels (530039077 from Craftsman 358.352350) that are hollowed out inside, thus appear
to be points type to fit over the black points cover, but they don't....maybe they were reworked early ones?

I do remember that a coil change (points to CDI) requires a cylinder change, as the mounts are different too.

Attachments

• S25DA CDI FW B.jpg
    S25DA CDI FW B.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
Who has a good fuel line for the Poulan S25? My Tygon turned to stone, so I obviously dumped some ethanol in it. I think my Homelite gray fuel line is too big that I use on the Huskys. Is the Echo 90014 the way to go, 3 x 5 mm? Mark showed 1/8 x 3/16 in his thread.

I have some of the crappy yellow line, but I haven't taken it out of the package. I knew right away it was fake and I opened a case against them on Amazon. They gave me the money back and said keep the line, that shows you what it was worth. The stuff I used had the Saint-Gobain label inside and I purchase it as Tygon brand. Like you said, there is plenty of the crappy stuff out there and I'm not going to take the chance of buying it unless there's no alternative. I think I hit this line with my 14% ethanol from Dillons before I knew better.

Latest posts

Back