Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who has a good fuel line for the Poulan S25? My Tygon turned to stone, so I obviously dumped some ethanol in it. I think my Homelite gray fuel line is too big that I use on the Huskys. Is the Echo 90014 the way to go, 3 x 5 mm? Mark showed 1/8 x 3/16 in his thread.

The 3mm X 5 mm should work just fine. I have been using some of that size lately and is real close to the other

I realize this has probably been discussed in depth in here before and I remember seeing some posts on someone's 245 checking for air leaks, but what is the best way to get to the clutch side crank seal, I've already looked the oil pump seal over and it looks just like the new one I have, so I don't believe the issue is there.

I realize this has probably been discussed in depth in here before and I remember seeing some posts on someone's 245 checking for air leaks, but what is the best way to get to the clutch side crank seal, I've already looked the oil pump seal over and it looks just like the new one I have, so I don't believe the issue is there.
You need to remove the oil pump gear that's behind the clutch. There are two large bolts and one smaller one. If you pull off the cover you will see a gear mechanism and a large washer along with a small tee apparatus. Likely the whole thing is covered in grease. Once everything is removed you will see the crank seal. In order to do a pressure/vacuum test you have to replace the bolts.
Check the reedvalve adaptor gasket. I've found that's most often where the leak is.

Alright I will check that before I break it apart any further, I know that the saw is the most erratic when it is angled on its side similar to felling.

I actually haven't touched the carb yet, but that probably should have been the first thing I should have done I reckon, I just have never heard one speed up like that when it was on its side and the problem be carb related, but I haven't been doing this very long so experience is limited.

I actually haven't touched the carb yet, but that probably should have been the first thing I should have done I reckon, I just have never heard one speed up like that when it was on its side and the problem be carb related, but I haven't been doing this very long so experience is limited.
Some folks here have found this to be carb related. Me, I have found it to be due to an air leak, most often seals.

40b6fc4a439063d532fe224b2743ebb8.jpg
just put this one back together from being in a box for years.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Only thing I hate about those saws is that they are so dang loud, be it that i have a 2300 and two 2000, and my brother has a 25da that I got running last year. They are ear muff saws, guaranteed to wake up your neighbor's 1 mile away.

Steve

So I cleaned the carb and got it back together and the problem persists, the adapter gaskets and everything looks good just from looking at them.

On the S25, does the fuel line lay close to the case or flywheel in reference to the post that sticks out?20170111_180714.jpg

Latest posts

Back