Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put this saw back together this morning. It was slightly smoked from either the cracked impulse line or the splits in the intake boot under the carb. This isn't the first time I had seen the small intake boot in the tank with the studs from behind and the big boot hole with splits in it where it sets flat on the tank body

No matter, cleaned the cylinder up to mint, done a little porting on the exhaust, new piston, muffler modded it, new lines, crank seals and intake boot. Setup with a 18" .325 setup with a purpose in mind for that. Took it to the woodpile and it runs like a champ.

View attachment 584990

Are those 54cc? I've seen some on this site but not up here.

Are those 54cc? I've seen some on this site but not up here.

Yes, thats what it is. Kinda a oddball the way its setup. Like I always say when people ask which saw the relable matches, sometimes it won't exactly. They mix and matched on these. I remember at one time a certain somebody said all the black ones were bare cylinders like the 3300 but they found out different. I wish I would have saved the model number as I seen one that was thin ringed like the 335 but this one is single ringed like a PP330. It does have double starter dogs also.

I'm not going to go looking for the big 137 or 164 carb for this, I found out before that on the 54cc saws they only add no load extra rpm and the small carb will cut just as fast.

Bought another new one today, mostly because I haven't seen one branded this way and it was only $15. Really just a coolness factor for this one I guess.

View attachment 585093

Nice find there and quite rare badged that way, yours makes #3 that I have ever seen. One is mine..

Ask your mom or grandma if they remember Aldens mail order catalogs.

Well shoot. I had the saw running and started to cut, it was a little rich so I went to turn it down, then it died, now it wont restart. I have spark and poured some fuel down the throat. Nada. Going to wait for the engine to cool down and see if I can do a cold start or at least a pop. I have both H and L at 3/4 turn out.

Im fairly high in elevation hence the 3/4 turn. Im about 3000 above sea level. But ill set them back to 1 and try a cold start. Maybe I lost compression? It does feel a little light on the pull cord. I dont have a tester on me.

Looks like it was extremely flooded. A TON of fuel dumped out of the muffler and again when I tipped it upside down with the plug out and pulled the pull cord. Will let it dry out and try again tomorrow. Weird. Never had a saw dump that much fuel.

Looks like it was extremely flooded. A TON of fuel dumped out of the muffler and again when I tipped it upside down with the plug out and pulled the pull cord. Will let it dry out and try again tomorrow. Weird. Never had a saw dump that much fuel.

Carb metering needle stuck or crap on the seat.

Question, on reassembling my 5200 build, what do y'all recommend on the cases, gasket or sealant? If a gasket, does anyone have a copy of a template? Thanks.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Here you go.

Attachments

• Poulan 4200-5200 gasket scans.pdf
    317.5 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back