Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done
1d1d2465bd1bccca95250055846d6fcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to keep you confused, not all saw motors run CCW. Lot of gear drives run the other way. I'll let you guess why.

Well, I guess having gears, guessing two, engine gear turning cw, the other, bar side, ccw for the correct direction for the chain. I don't know any thing about gear driven saws. If it has four gears, cw, ccw, cw, ccw.

Steve

let's throw some square four bike motors in here...

Went to run one of my 475’s which I purchased with 3 used bars & chains, 36” & 2 24”. Had the 36” on and it started cutting crooked and binding up in the cut, took it off looked bar & chain over, chain teeth are definitely not even but can’t tell if bar is bent or not. Put one of the 24” on and pretty much the same thing. Will inspect later when I have more time, original owner may have done the damage, he was a real hack

406-2b2b-f.PNG

These 406 check valves incorporate a plastic poppet with an embedded o-ring that seals on the seat.
Nylon body
Fluoroelastomer (Viton™) seal
302 SS spring
.25 psi cracking pressure
Natural for the inlet end, black for the outlet end
Chemical resistant
Maximum operating pressure: 125 psi
Maximum operating temperature: 140°F
Item Number:22596
Catalog Page Number:p-148
Weight:0.013
Manufacturer:SMC
Manufacturer Part #:4064490

27.jpg
13.jpg

This one didn't work at all. I could hold the fuel line up and down and fuel would flow back and forth. However, I could only blow one direction. HAX18-DF0 1/8 X 1/8 CHECK VALVE, KYNAR, NATURAL, VITON DIAPHRAGM. Our disc based Check Valves utilize a free floating design and can be used in any position with an immediate response to change in pressure or flow. I made a couple of test cuts with the 406 check valve posted above and it didn't cause any performance issues.

11.jpg 19.jpg 24.jpg 26.jpg

Here you go a thread showing poulan weights. Lot of thanks go to Roger for this one. https://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/chain-saw-weights/poulan-pho-weights/

No chain brakes on neither.

View attachment 638404 View attachment 638405

I dont think shes fat here is a 2300av with some extra pipe weight . The 3700 power to weight seems ok to me .
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2064.PNG
The mini 25 was faster cutting but its only 40 degrees and I adjusted it more. Need to fab an outside the cover adjustment for the 2300 carb.

I've had 3 versions of that saw.
First is the thin ring 3.7 w/o powersharp (kept), then found a thick ring 3.7 with power sharp (gave to cousin), finally a gray/black saw thick ring no powersharp.
A lot of the red black 3.7 saws are 3700s (without the slotted cover and hd starter pawl) which are more desirable, generally have better compression and noticeable performance over the 3800 based saws with thick rings and chrome cylinders. That said I've had a lot of 3400 and3800 saws and I can honestly say I have never seen one with a blown piston. And they've all run pretty good too. The powersharp is easy to remove at least.

I have a crushed 4000 with a good cylinder, piston, top cover, filter cover, carburetor etc. I may make a 3400/4000 hybrid but I haven’t seen a blown up one yet.

Me personally love the 2 stroke bikes, sounds a lot better than the 4 strokes. Only 4 stroke that sounded good was the Honda 6, now that sounded bad a.

Steve
Picked up a 14" bar that fits the S25da saws. Only designation on the bar is 44077 DU. 14 3/8. What is easiest way to determine # of drive links?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Picked up a 14" bar that fits the S25da saws. Only designation on the bar is 44077 DU. 14 3/8. What is easiest way to determine # of drive links?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That Craftsman part number translates to :

140SDEA041

Single Rivet Guide Bar, 14"
Part #140SDEA041
The lightweight, easy to maneuver guide bar for occasional woodcutters using small electric and gasoline powered chain saws.
Pitch 3/8” Low Profile™ Gauge 0.050" Bar Length 14" Bar Mount A041 Drive Links 52

Specifications
Part Number
140SDEA041 (or 44077)
Substitution
The manufacturer substituted part 44077 with this new part 140SDEA041
Category
Lawn & Garden/Yard/Farm

Latest posts

Back