Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went in the barn this morning and found a big puddle of oil under my 5200. Cleaned the work bench up and inspected the saw. Pulled the bar off and wiped the saw down and left it sitting for awhile and went back to check it, fresh oil. Removed the clutch assembly and wiped the pump down and let it sit some more. Found oil coming from the oil pump seal. Popped the pump off and removed seal, both look good. Oil coming from around the seal. Guess I'm gonna put some sealant on it and put the pump back on and see if it leaks. Haven't ran the saw in three weeks and looks like it has just started leaking.

Steve
How’s the “o” oil seal that presses in look? Replaced mine while I had it out. Still available over the counter

I do like the impact idea but I can't imagine that you could keep the flywheel from turning even with a glove. Oh well,what the h***, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thank for the ideas guys,most definitely appreciated.

I am an old man and do it all the time. Just make sure you use a heavy leather glove so that if it does slip a little in your hand it does not hurt you.

Like Steve said keeping the spark plug in helps.

I am an old man and do it all the time. Just make sure you use a heavy leather glove so that if it does slip a little in your hand it does not hurt you.

Like Steve said keeping the spark plug in helps.
Get a good pair of welding gloves, they are pretty thick and also make good gloves for putting wood into a hot stove/heater.

Steve

Went in the barn this morning and found a big puddle of oil under my 5200. Cleaned the work bench up and inspected the saw. Pulled the bar off and wiped the saw down and left it sitting for awhile and went back to check it, fresh oil. Removed the clutch assembly and wiped the pump down and let it sit some more. Found oil coming from the oil pump seal. Popped the pump off and removed seal, both look good. Oil coming from around the seal. Guess I'm gonna put some sealant on it and put the pump back on and see if it leaks. Haven't ran the saw in three weeks and looks like it has just started leaking.

Steve
Had a XXV Micro that leaked like that. Finally cleaned it up, took a magnifying glass to it, and found a small spiderweb crack close to the oiler port. Put it aside for a latter year

Steve
Double post

I think you should be able to do it, just remember to leave the 3/4 drive impact on the shelf and use the 3/8 drive, just funning you. Let us know what happened
Yea, I'll give an update when I get the clutch off. I'm gonna have the option to try the wood block too 'cause I didn't install the intake manifold before I put the cylinder back on, so now it's gotta come back off. I think it's called a brain fart.

Got all the old saws loaded up from dads barn.

He said the poulan 3300 was bought new in 1993. Not 89 like I had thought.
Also the poulan 2000 I had gave him and I had bought new back in 1994.
Mini mac top handle he thinks bought new 1979.

Plus the easy start 180 that replaced the 2000 that replaced the mini mac. 180 was acting wonky he said and now wont start.

Leaving him the cub cadet 5020 aka efco 152 with decomp to replace the 3300.

Just going to clean up the barn grime and shelf them for now.

Will try to do a before after cleaning pics. Not much just going to try that wd40 stuff on them.

Back