Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saw JJ. I was only commenting about the words on the bar being upside down for the picture. Guess they took it the wrong way. But when I tried explaining what I was talking about, jerks came out of the wood works. I guess I'll keep my pun intended to myself.

Steve Sidwell

Are you ready for RIP jr this is a more likeable saw that doesn't take a lot of changes to the case but you have to plug and redrill the holes. It uses the stock carb and air filter system. It's a mild mannered strong saw

It is a husky 272 cylinder and piston, cheap clone , 52mm so you have 71cc. It runs like a 4000 but stronger. 20191226_112402-1024x768.jpg 20191226_112351-1024x768.jpg 20191226_101324-1024x768.jpg 20191226_101346-1280x960.jpg

Going to check out a 2000 woodsman tomorrow. To use as a little limb saw. What cc is it and what bar did it come with. The one in the picture on the add looks big for a little saw

Going to check out a 2000 woodsman tomorrow. To use as a little limb saw. What cc is it and what bar did it come with. The one in the picture on the add looks big for a little saw

32cc with 3/8ths lo pro chain. The one I have had a 16" bar. It was the very first saw I bought that needed repair.
The first thing I did to it was new fuel lines and filter and rebuilt the carb. Once I had it running I took the cylinder off and used a file to open the intake and exhaust ports and I eliminated the base gasket. Put it back together and saw ran fine. First time for everything.

Forgot to add, after you are done cutting with it, oil will still be flowing cause it uses a pressurized oil system. Just sit it on the ground and the pressure will bleed off through the vent.

Steve Sidwell

Ok dumb question. I'm getting ready to put a new jug on a plastic poulan pro. Should I get a gasket kit or reuse.

If the engine is a clamshell and I do not believe it has a gasket between the crankcase and the cylinder. Like Steve mentioned use a sealant but make sure that it is a fuel proof sealer like yamabond. The Poulan 2000 is not a clamshell and so it has a base gasket for the cylinder.

Todd, that 4000 is really cool! Just out of curiosity, is that a custom intake? I was looking at a 272 cylinder here, but the bolt pattern appears to be different. Also, did you have to add a spacer plate to lift the 272 cylinder up a bit?

All this cylinder swapping has my curiosity.

Back