Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Todd, What have you been doing? How's that 3400/4000 sawsalvage thing running?

You must have 40 or 50 hours on it by now. Probably got several years worth of firewood processed by now with it. Or have you been out blasting milk jugs @600 again?

Inquiring minds want t know!

:)

Ken

Well I have been redoing the dino for the 3 time. The pump I have is a good one but it can't suck enough oil at 8000 plus rpm, wasn't made for that. So I'm going to put a 4.2 to 1 sprocket reduction on it so the pump will run at a better rpm. I'm almost done with all the parts that I had to make and I will get some pictures today.

The 4000 has been doing great and it's waiting for me to pull it down and check the internal parts to make sure It is ok. I don't want to take a chance on something that I can't see from the exhaust port. That is what I'm doing

Number 1 is getting Bob his bearings as soon as the post office opens at 830

Todd, sounds awesome. If you need a different hydraulic pump, one of my brothers and I have done a fair amount of business with, Surplus Center. Maybe you already do business with them. Lots of good stuff and lots of build a hub stuff.

Ken

Hookaroon/Pickaroon

It is your choice of what you call it. But I find them to be as handy as the log tongs we talked about a few posts ago. I just loaded my bucket with these pieces of wood without actually touch a single piece of wood.

This wood is for next winter or the year after. I like to be at least a year ahead.

20200203_113751.jpg

Top handled saws can be as handy as pockets in shirts. Light and nimble great for lighter cutting/sawing projects. I have used them to limb out trees instead of maneuvering with a 20" bar equipped heavier unit. They are very useful, just watch any of the climbers and see what they are carrying up the tree on a lead dangling below them or from a belt hook.

Ken

That is correct. Todd has 1st......But this thing is growing on me already. :)

Well that's a bummer in a small sick way. Lol

I put my name as # 2

Did you know that Constatutionally the Federal Government can only hold the land needed for the federal capital and land needed for our forts/bases for our defense. Yes all BLM land, all national parks and all other fedral land grabs are Unconstitutional/ illegal!

Ken

Back