Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a good decent priced 20" bar and chain for my 3400
I highly recommend you get the bar adaptor(s) from member homelite 410. You can run Stihl mount bars on Husky, Poulan, McC, Echo, Homelite and just about any other large mount saw. The only modification needed is opening up the bar adjuster holes on the Stihl bar as the other brands use a larger pin. Then you just run whatever DL count the Stihl bar calls for.

Bob's bearings are on the way to Texas

Bob will be rolling soon then. LOL.

I use grease to hold the rollers on the crank as you slide the rod over them. Never feel alone when your taking this style of engine apart and you accidentally slide or twist the rod a little and you hear the rollers falling out. I know the sound well.

Ken

I was telling Bob that I had extra rollers because I had done the same thing and had to buy a new set for just 1 or 2 .

I have several sets of extra rollers because I and many friends have buried a few of these engines in the ground because of what I refer to as an unscheduled landing. LOL.

Ken

Is that going to change the load on the saw with the gearing change, with the pump turning slower?

Steve Sidwell

I am not Todd, but this is my stab at it.

I believe "the load on the saw" will still be adjustable via restriction of pump return line as it was before, there for, the mod will not change the load on what ever saw Todd has on it.

Todd stated in an earlier post that direct drive the pump wasn't happy at 8K rpms. I believe he said is couldn't draw oil fast enough out of the supply tank at that speed. By reducing the pump speed it will be now running closer to the parameters that the pump was designed to run at. It is clearly a gear type pump, they have a fixed displacement of oil per revolution and that is part of how all pumps are rated.

Ken

Latest posts

Back