Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terminology confuses me. All I can picture is a fire hydrant sitting outside his home. LOL

This is what he is talking about, many of use do not have public water source to have fire hydrants close by. The closest fire hydrants to my home are over 7 miles away.

Heck, I have never lived anywhere that had cable TV.

https://www.grainger.com/product/6C...kwcid=AL!2966!3!342928362619!!!g!678484082107!

6CHV0_AS01

Them Hydrants have to drain properly or they will freeze. Glad you found your frozen hose in time.

Messed up one time and did that after cleaning some deer out. Forgot and left hose on.
Even with freeze proof outdoor faucets on house. Still froze where it went into basement.
Was a spring time surprise. :yes::laughing:

This little micro was bought in 94 and been used every since. Even gave to dad to use for years before getting it back.
Plastic cover on muffler had held up well.

After a clean up.

Only thing really that has happened was a coil going bad in first 3 years or so after buying. She is still running the homelite super 240 coil I stuck in it back then. Now I got coils for it running out my ears. :crazy:

p200012.jpg

Messed up one time and did that after cleaning some deer out. Forgot and left hose on.
Even with freeze proof outdoor faucets on house. Still froze where it went into basement.
Was a spring time surprise. :yes::laughing:

Yup, they are only frost proof when they are allowed to drain. Lol. They have to drain. I have 1/3 of a washing machine hose attached to one behind our house now, that hose is open and hangs straight down ending seveal inches above the ground. I can get a drink, wash my boots or just rinse anything in any weather. When I shut the frost less faucet off it allows full drainage.

On mine it is only 30 inches in the ground and 30 out. I can't get any deeper than that so when it gets real cold out comes the hose, but I can't let it run where it is because it will freeze the ground around the pipe. I use it to water the horse. I still have to drain 100 feet of hose. Easier than buckets.

On mine it is only 30 inches in the ground and 30 out. I can't get any deeper than that so when it gets real cold out comes the hose, but I can't let it run where it is because it will freeze the ground around the pipe. I use it to water the horse. I still have to drain 100 feet of hose. Easier than buckets.

With all them rounds you cut, you could cover the ground around and over your hydrant and pipe with sawdust. that would help hold the frost at bay. To bad it isn't in that snowbank you showed photos of, snow has a way of drawing the frost out of the ground and insulating it. Even of good Horse manure pack would insulate it. LOL

I used to be a good welder but it is getting harder to do now that I can't see without my bifocals when I put the helmet on. I should get a correction lens so it's not so blurry. I found that green paint at the hardware store, has to much green for poulan color, needs more yellow. I like it better than the red that was on the other ones.

I got a new electric tachometer that hooks to the plug wire, haven't used it but it is rated good. For 22.00 you can get all kinds of them.

I used to be a good welder but it is getting harder to do now that I can't see without my bifocals when I put the helmet on. I should get a correction lens so it's not so blurry. I found that green paint at the hardware store, has to much green for poulan color, needs more yellow. I like it better than the red that was on the other ones.

I got a new electric tachometer that hooks to the plug wire, haven't used it but it is rated good. For 22.00 you can get all kinds of them.

Many moons ago, I sold many tacks like your new found one to fellow RC enthusiasts, they were new then and went under the name of Simple Tact. 4 to 6 wraps around the plug wire and they recorded hrs and rpms. The induction lead could be cut to any desired length and conected to the tiny readout/processor by threading it threw one hole and back out another making a lope around the reader/pickup. The came with a great double sided foam tape to stick comvienently to something. I had one on a 35 cc airplane engine/same engine that is in that 2000 Poulan above. Had 112 hrs on that unit when it got to meet the ground at a hight rate of speed.

Had another one on a 4000 watt generac, generator, that recorded 1272 hrs before that engine swallowed a valve.

I am blessed with good eyesight, still 20/20. Now my hearing is by a wonderful Cochlear implant. I understand the welding/sight issue completely! My spellen, has always been somewhat less than perfect, it could be said that I have never heard the words the same as others. Lol

Fun times ahead.

Todd, you need to look for Sublime Green. Its a 1970 Dodge color. Sellers on Ebay have it as well as other sources.

Latest posts

Back