Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd, you only need guards if it makes you feel better. This is your creation, run It some, it will be self evident if guards are needed to keep oil from chains at bay.!!!

Your testing things that normally have bars on them with spinning chains with razor sharp teeth that can't be seen and have no guards on.

Steve , my press agent answered your question better than I could, that's why I keep him around, we are like brothers who have the same interests. Thanks for taking up the slack

As to the guards I feel better when they are on, it would be me that would stick a finger in it.

I have acquired around five 2000 top handles of the last few days. I have noticed some have a cast muffler side cover and some are plastic. I wonder why they changed

Is one better than the other.
Both work the same. I like the ones without the plastic muffler guard. I've seen a few with the guards slightly melted in a few spots. Plus the plastic clutch covers make to saw too wide at the rear. Just my opinion but I have both.

Steve Sidwell

We had-7 f last night and it's 16 now and going to get to 6 tonight

I dodged a bullet last night I have a outside hydrant and I have had it freeze when it gets to zero. Well I hooked up the hose and let it run a small amount, so about 10 I went to check it and the hose had froze which made the hydrant freeze , the handle wasn't moving. I grabbed my heat gun and got the hose off then kept going towards the stand pipe and got a few drops at about 15inches down the pipe. Kept the heat on and got it to run. Scared the crap out of me, if that had gone another 8 inches I would have lost it and probably busted the pipe . Left it running since. Can't have it freeze cost to much to fix.
Did I mention I hate the cold.

We had-7 f last night and it's 16 now and going to get to 6 tonight

I dodged a bullet last night I have a outside hydrant and I have had it freeze when it gets to zero. Well I hooked up the hose and let it run a small amount, so about 10 I went to check it and the hose had froze which made the hydrant freeze , the handle wasn't moving. I grabbed my heat gun and got the hose off then kept going towards the stand pipe and got a few drops at about 15inches down the pipe. Kept the heat on and got it to run. Scared the crap out of me, if that had gone another 8 inches I would have lost it and probably busted the pipe . Left it running since. Can't have it freeze cost to much to fix.
Did I mention I hate the cold.

That's crazy cold Todd

Back