Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I needed more micro parts
😳
. Price was right though when local member dropped off while picking up a saw
😎
👍
. But on the shelf they will go.
He said grey one was runner just pulled carb off for a different one.
Need something just PM. I only take payments in paypal friends family, USPS money order or cash now. Just saying no to new tax law.
😉

pmicros.jpg

Hope everyone is doing ok. Just getting over that omicron covid crap and then get an abscess tooth. It's been one rough two weeks. Luckily tooth will come it next week. Only problem, I don't know which one caused it because my gums were hurting from covid. Guess I'll let the dentist pick and choose.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I have 2 of these nos, decided to use one, dom 2002, had to replace fuel line, fuel filter, carb kit, then eventually the carb, when it finally ran good the gas tank started leaking so had to replace it as well, have not cut with it yet! I can say it came out of a sealed box, so they0E357DD0-A6DA-4A27-A452-7EF8CF16068B.jpeg are run at the factory and the little bit of gas left in them turned to goo after 20yrs.

I’m needing the air filter cover for this Poulan Pro pruner saw pp446et, I have bought one from every site on the internet that showed they had one in stock and every order has been cancelled due to not available, Poulan/Husqvarna #545000501,D92799E6-16C9-4DE6-8B5D-D05462B65EF5.jpeg if any body has one to sell please let me know.

I have 2 of these nos, decided to use one, dom 2002, had to replace fuel line, fuel filter, carb kit, then eventually the carb, when it finally ran good the gas tank started leaking so had to replace it as well, have not cut with it yet! I can say it came out of a sealed box, so theyView attachment 963028 are run at the factory and the little bit of gas left in them turned to goo after 20yrs.

That's a lot more work than I'd expect a NOS saw to need. I'll be so warned regarding NOS purchases.

I have 2 of these nos, decided to use one, dom 2002, had to replace fuel line, fuel filter, carb kit, then eventually the carb, when it finally ran good the gas tank started leaking so had to replace it as well, have not cut with it yet! I can say it came out of a sealed box, so theyView attachment 963028 are run at the factory and the little bit of gas left in them turned to goo after 20yrs.
I have a couple of the 3450 Poulans. They are good running and cutting saws.

I’m needing the air filter cover for this Poulan Pro pruner saw pp446et, I have bought one from every site on the internet that showed they had one in stock and every order has been cancelled due to not available, Poulan/Husqvarna #545000501,View attachment 963029 if any body has one to sell please let me know.
Man, we just pitched one three weeks ago. Got tired of it taking space but kept the extension and saw head as a spare.

People that are following my tomfoolery might know that I've been rebuilding a Poulan Pro 295. There were seals to get and then non fuel-resistant gasket maker.

Because I'm practical (others have said maybe something like frugal), and didn't have a good clutch drum for a PP295, or a good chain either, I swapped in what I had: an 18" bar, chain and clutch bell from a 4218.

That's a 3/8LP 18" bar and chain instead of a heavier 325 18" bar and chain. This is playing with the limits of 3/8lp recommended usage, but it's on an unmodified, unbroken in saw.

All seems to be well with only a few winter cuts done. I assume this has been done before and all worked okay.

Dang, thanks for your Reply, I have a new filter just can’t find the cover anywhere!
Those have become obsolete. Have you checked over on Jack's small engines? I remember the one dad had,had a choke lever but no butterfly on the choke shaft. Never figured out how that thang done any good.

Those have become obsolete. Have you checked over on Jack's small engines? I remember the one dad had,had a choke lever but no butterfly on the choke shaft. Never figured out how that thang done any good.

Yep checked Jack’s and about 100 others, correct on the no choke just a fast idle, I’ve had to richen up the low to get it to cold start!

People that are following my tomfoolery might know that I've been rebuilding a Poulan Pro 295. There were seals to get and then non fuel-resistant gasket maker.

Because I'm practical (others have said maybe something like frugal), and didn't have a good clutch drum for a PP295, or a good chain either, I swapped in what I had: an 18" bar, chain and clutch bell from a 4218.

That's a 3/8LP 18" bar and chain instead of a heavier 325 18" bar and chain. This is playing with the limits of 3/8lp recommended usage, but it's on an unmodified, unbroken in saw.

All seems to be well with only a few winter cuts done. I assume this has been done before and all worked okay.

Got 3/8LP on my 46cc one too. That I use for root cutting. 16" 3/8LP and 6T makes it feel better then the 20" 325 set up to me.

p2750rnnnn.jpg

Latest posts

Back