Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right it need not be a big saw, most trees across the road are 8-20" alder or maple, she just has to go slow and cut them into 4 foot peices to move or winch outta the way.
Your right about rust too!!! have to check twice a week for rusted noses etc. (biggest issue where I live over 100" rain a year, but 1/2 that is snow anymore) I'll have it in a canvas bag to help some.
Anyone ever had issues with Micros not oiling in COLD weather, (15-30 degrees or less) my last 3.7 Poulan/craftman would hardly oil in freezing temps with bar oil, it was fine with lighter 10w30 or mixed oils but I hated changing oils all the time and rough on good bars.

Thanks again for the info.
Duane

Her ya go timberdollar, the Micro 25 I told you about with the 38cc chrome bore cylinder and unplated piston. The saw got balls, these pics were before the Pro91 bar and chain. I also found a Craftsman AV mount bar to help with the vibes, as you can see. Forgot to mention the cases and covers I got on ebay as NOS, so basically they were brand new, thats why they look so mint. Also I'm running the Tilly HU-10 carb on this saw. It's 11.1mm venturi, the WT-20s and 3 are 9.5mm, the Walbro WA-19 is also a good carb at, 11.11mm venturi.

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Last edited:
Hey timberdollar a few more for ya.

2300CVA This saw was nice, unfortunately I sold it.
Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Pic taken summer 2010, most of these saws are gone, but I happen have even more Micros now lol

Evos026.jpg

Here was a mint 2000 used once and stored for 20 years, I put new fuel lines and a/f and gave it to my pop, he loves it.

Evos024.jpg

Evos025.jpg

Here are a few more pics.

I basically restored this saw, kept the points ignition and all. Actually to look more realistic I may replace the Oregon bar and chain with an original 12" banana bar and safety chain I have. I think I'll do that now and post more pics...............

Picture686.jpg

Picture687.jpg

Hey timberdollar a few more for ya.

2300CVA This saw was nice, unfortunately I sold it.
Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Pic taken summer 2010, most of these saws are gone, but I happen have even more Micros now lol

Evos026.jpg

Here was a mint 2000 used once and stored for 20 years, I put new fuel lines and a/f and gave it to my pop, he loves it.

Evos024.jpg

Evos025.jpg

Nice saws Dave! I have a few, even have an NIB one...I just finished a gray Craftsman 2.1 the other day. Just did the usual and it runs great, looks nice too.
saws631.jpg

real nice saws dave!!!!

I basically restored this saw, kept the points ignition and all. Actually to look more realistic I may replace the Oregon bar and chain with an original 12" banana bar and safety chain I have. I think I'll do that now and post more pics...............

Picture686.jpg

Picture687.jpg

i like that xxv there ya got dave you selling that one also??? i see i did not make it home in time to up my bid and both ya micros got away on me LOL.. i will have to bid my max to satrt off next time!!!! also you say ya sold that 2300 with the anti vibe ??? darn !!! ya dont have any more of those kickin around do ya!!!!

I may have found checkvalves for the micros today!

so i came across two place that had check valves today.... one guy was really high like 10 bucks and 5 shipping the next fella was 5.82 and 5 shipping and said he would combine so i bought one . i will let ya all know if i get it and how it all works out.....if ya want the link pm me and i will send it to ya! took me a day or 2 but im hopin i got me a hook up as this seems to be somthing that goes out on these saws or on all the ones ive bought as of late!

I like that one!!!

Picture686.jpg

Picture687.jpg

thats a purty saw right there !!!!

I got one of them saws.But not sure what one it is?Plus I need a piston,clutch and sprocket for it.But first I got to find out what one it is LOL heres a couple pics.The cover is not the right one and no other numbers to be found?The best I can do is measure the piston.Its 1-1/2"

I got one of them saws.But not sure what one it is?Plus I need a piston,clutch and sprocket for it.But first I got to find out what one it is LOL heres a couple pics.The cover is not the right one and no other numbers to be found?The best I can do is measure the piston.Its 1-1/2"

She's a bit of a franken saw, as you have the CVA fan housing and the older rounded top handle, could be 2.1 Cu in or 2.3Cu in. Either or, both good saws.

i like that xxv there ya got dave you selling that one also??? i see i did not make it home in time to up my bid and both ya micros got away on me LOL.. i will have to bid my max to satrt off next time!!!! also you say ya sold that 2300 with the anti vibe ??? darn !!! ya dont have any more of those kickin around do ya!!!!

Nah no more as of right now lol....... I actually got $80 for that saw..........:rock:

Nice saws Dave! I have a few, even have an NIB one...I just finished a gray Craftsman 2.1 the other day. Just did the usual and it runs great, looks nice too.
saws631.jpg

Joe that saw would be sittin some were I can see it everyday, it's a beaut.........

Joe that saw would be sittin some were I can see it everyday, it's a beaut.........

It was a great find. I got it from a guy who found it under a work bench in a house he had just bought! he had no use for it so I gladly took it. Right now its in the box, no bags are open. How would you guys display it? Open the bags and assemble the saw? Obviously my plan is NOT to use it. I have plenty of Micros to satisfy that urge:msp_biggrin:

looks like a 25 da..

it looks like a 38 cc s25da saw to me lookin at the exhaust and the toggle on it.... but i could be wrong.. seems like the green ones like that with a toggle and not a slide switch are 38cc saws....is the exhaust bridged pop off your exhaust cover and give a peek....thats the first thing i do these days LOL well after i tug on the cord LOL....

Lol!!!

It was a great find. I got it from a guy who found it under a work bench in a house he had just bought! he had no use for it so I gladly took it. Right now its in the box, no bags are open. How would you guys display it? Open the bags and assemble the saw? Obviously my plan is NOT to use it. I have plenty of Micros to satisfy that urge:msp_biggrin:

I think you should put it back in the box and promply ship it south 33709!!!!

LMAO! i almost got one like that the other day black and green local in the box !!!! i did not make it in time before he sold it! and for 100 bucks!!!! i wanted that saw!

it looks like a 38 cc s25da saw to me lookin at the exhaust and the toggle on it.... but i could be wrong.. seems like the green ones like that with a toggle and not a slide switch are 38cc saws....is the exhaust bridged pop off your exhaust cover and give a peek....thats the first thing i do these days LOL well after i tug on the cord LOL....

Its usually stamped on to the cylinder base as well.

I def wouldn't open the bags, but find other stuff to put her together for display.........

Thanks for the pointer, I always change lines on all saws I get. (saves LOTS of hair pulling!!! Oh yah I have none LEFT!!) I thought I was buying a S25 but turns out I bought a Micro 25cva and a 1800cva or ? they are Micros and both are have Counter vibe. I wanted a S25 too so it's next on the list.
I need a good reliable small saw for my girlfreind to take to and from work in a tool box. Must be small and NOT HIGH COMPRESSION!!! shes left handed and not strong. She uses a Stihl 028WB now but it's to big for the truck box. The 020av I have either leak fuel or oil and am stick of that. It can not be $$$ either as its possible to get stolen in the truck box.

I live in the REMOTE mountains in Wa. and my other half travals 26 miles one way in the early morning hours on a road with now houses and TONS!! if not millions of tons of board feet of timber!!! theres a tree down across the road at least every 45 days, winter is almost daily. There is no traffic on this road and you could be hours waiting for someone or worst!!! OH yah theres no cell service either so shes on her own!!!
So is a Micro going to work or should I keep searching????????? is a S25 better??? this is a MUST HAVE so I have no issues spending some $ to make one functional (complete rebuild if needed) just don't want a $$ model saw as its eye candy for people that use the "5 finger discount" The saw will get trashed in the box with condensation and cold weather.

Since your asking, I'll tell you what I think I would do if it were me. I would not send my wife out with a 30 year old top handle. The Micros are good saws but would I want her to have to depend on it, especially if she has a hard time starting them? No I wouldn't..

The Micro has a top mounted carb which is good but that requires a long fuel line. Its not normally a big deal for me or you but for a woman, it could be as when that saw has been sitting it might take anywhere from 5-10 pulls to get the fuel pulled up to the carb to even get a pop. Its just the way it is, once the fuel has been pulled up, they start real easy.

The fuel system also must be kept in top notch shape as well, good fuel filters, pump side diaphragms and lines. They also have a pressurized tank oiling system. There again, everything must be in good conditon. The check valves should be replaced with new which are now hard to find and that system will not tolerate any dirt or junk in it.

If you went all through one with all new fuel system and oiler parts, then yes it would give you some trouble free service for some time, but you still have a bad cold starting routine for a woman to deal with.

If it were me, and wanted a top handle for easy storage and be reliable, I would be looking at new or almost new Echos like a 360T or the Dolmars.

Mopar Mike will be along and he can give you some Dolmar models to look at, he has a dandy but I cant remember the model of it.

Back