Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see said the blind man! Guess I'll keep all these 3.3 then and part out my grey Craftsman 2800, I've had 3.3 saws since 1991 and never failed for any reason. Of coarse I changed out the junk clear impulse lines.
Funny though all my Sears Best 3.3 are different anyway, two have Gold writing and TURBO my newest is blue writing no Turbo.
Guess I gotta figure out what piston ring I need now! since this one was messed up since new.

They are like the pp335 but the exhuast doesn't have that funky metal insert.

Duane

The 335 dont have that exhaust insert, but the 330 does.

As for the ring, look it up by the saw model at Searspartsdirect.com but it should be the same as a 3300 ring.

Guess when you get confused you go all out. :ices_rofl:

Craftsman confusion!!

The 335 dont have that exhaust insert, but the 330 does.

As for the ring, look it up by the saw model at Searspartsdirect.com but it should be the same as a 3300 ring.

Guess when you get confused you go all out. :ices_rofl:

Maybe I better just stick with my Partners!:rock:

Damn Partner labeled some 2800-3300 as Partners too! 470's or 530's or something like that!:confused:

I can't win

Damn Partner labeled some 2800-3300 as Partners too! 470's or 530's or something like that!:confused:

I can't win

We just have to hope that Encyclopedia MM keeps us informed... this stuff seems to roll around in his head. It kind of pisses me off since I can't even remember how old I am without doing the math.

I can't win

Partner 465, 495, 545 and 605 were all rebadged from the series your talking about but I'm not sure without more research which model is which.

Just remember what I said before, about a relabeld Poulan saw. There relabeld for someone else and it might be to meet a certain set of specs or a price point so there might not be a complete match to a certian Poulan model.

Sometimes you have to just use your head and think about it though, does it not make sense that a gray Craftsman would be like the plain green Poulan 3300 while the black Sears Best/Professional would be like the Poulan Pro 335 version?

Here is another to ponder eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It's a 60cc version of this series sold by Sears. Which one? You would need the Sears model number for sure to know and would have to go off the parts list for it to check against the Poulan IPL's.

No problems really though, I can see that this one is probably a Poulan 3600 or a PP365. From what I can tell the only difference between a 3600 and a PP365 is the color anyway.

The Poulan & Craftsman (not to mention other rebadged Poulans) vortex could drive a person to
:pill: + :drink: + :sigarette:. :laugh:

Here is another to ponder eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It's a 60cc version of this series sold by Sears. Which one? You would need the Sears model number for sure to know and would have to go off the parts list for it to check against the Poulan IPL's.

No problems really though, I can see that this one is probably a Poulan 3600 or a PP365. From what I can tell the only difference between a 3600 and a PP365 is the color anyway.

Mark, thanks for the info, I was completely lost trying to figure out that /\ Craftsman. If (if) the photos on CSCC are correct, the 365 has a CB (???), the 3600 doesn't? I don't think the seller is going the $$ they want.

Mark, thanks for the info, I was completely lost trying to figure out that /\ Craftsman. If (if) the photos on CSCC are correct, the 365 has a CB (???), the 3600 doesn't? I don't think the seller is going the $$ they want.

Chris, I think the 3500 had a narrower top cyl and air filter cover. At least the one I had in here for service a while back did. The 3600 had the wider covers like a PP336 and PP365.

Other then that I think everything is the same on them. The 3500 and 3600 also used a chrome bore like the PP365.

I also agree with the seller not gettin that out of it, but he should as that saw is better then buying a used MS290, 455 rancher or such.

Chris, I think the 3500 had a narrower top cyl and air filter cover. At least the one I had in here for service a while back did. The 3600 had the wider covers like a PP336 and PP365.

Other then that I think everything is the same on them. The 3500 and 3600 also used a chrome bore like the PP365.

I also agree with the seller not gettin that out of it, but he should as that saw is better then buying a used MS290, 455 rancher or such.

That's correct as far as people with some chainsaw knowledge goes but to the rest they just go by the brand name and don't care about what model it is. It's better to sell the Stihls and cut wood with the Poulans. I still can't figure out why the 610 Macs bring so much though.

Mark, finally got my little PP325 cleaned up. Seems to run good. It's got a .325 setup on it now. Any thoughts on 3/8 vs. .325? Comparisons? Anyone? Thanks ahead of time.

I run 3/8 on most do to chain lasts longer and slightly cheaper. Just don't over do it on length. My 325 pulls 3/8 skip faster than 325 full. I just prefer 3/8 as the cutters have more sharpenings in them.
Other than that they both cut great.

Duane

Duane might like 3/8s better in that soft wood but in hardwood I prefer the .325.

My PP325 has a 16" with 20LPX with a 7 tooth sprocket and it is fast. My Partner 5500 has the same bar and chain but it came to me with a 8 tooth on it and might just be faster that way.

I know the PP325 beat my Dolmar 5100 with ease and the Partner 5500 whipped all the stock 50cc saws including a 5100 and a husky 346NE down at Jeremys GTG.

I like the .325 as its fast AND smooth.

Well got the old craftsman in the mail today. Was a little rougher than i was hoping. Piston and cylinder are killed and the clutch side crank seal is out. I don't know where i can get one of those it isn't even listed in the parts diagram as being available? Other than that though it cleaned up spotless. Does anyone know of a chrome bore that will bolt on a 3400 case or maybe a bigger cylinder. What is one of these old saws worth in good running shape.

wait a minute. searching back through this thread and found a part # 253747 for a crank seal. Will this work for the clutch side crank seal

Well got the old craftsman in the mail today. Was a little rougher than i was hoping. Piston and cylinder are killed and the clutch side crank seal is out. I don't know where i can get one of those it isn't even listed in the parts diagram as being available? Other than that though it cleaned up spotless. Does anyone know of a chrome bore that will bolt on a 3400 case or maybe a bigger cylinder. What is one of these old saws worth in good running shape.

There's a 3400 in the classifieds here a few pages back for a hundred federal reserve debt notes.

For some reason, people would rather pay more for a refurbished much smaller home renter saw than an older pro saw....and we LIKE THAT HERE.

hehehehehe

If you go back up the thread a lot, you'll see which models will cross mount cylinders and so on.

the best way to search this site is to use google, not the built in search thing.

do it like this, any variation you want for search terms

poulan 3400, 3700 cylinder site:arboristsite.com

copy and slap that into a google search box, see what happens

Are you referring to a 3400 seal? The part # is 530019097 and is the same for the clutch and recoil side. There are two on Ebay now for sale. A bit pricey however. You can use a 3700 or 4000 cylinder and piston on the 3400. They both have chrome cylinders and aluminum pistons. You can also bolt on a 3800 P&C which has an aluminum cylinder and chrome piston.
Bob

What carb kit do i need for a poulan 2750?

Aldo i have this red craftsman with a walbro wa carb, poulan made, which kit would it need?

Aldo i have this red craftsman with a walbro wa carb, poulan made, which kit would it need?

You have to get all the numbers off the carbs to get the correct kits. A lot of the kits will work with different carbs, ie, they come with different gaskets and whatnot that fit several different but similar models..

You have to get all the numbers off the carbs to get the correct kits. A lot of the kits will work with different carbs, ie, they come with different gaskets and whatnot that fit several different but similar models..

Sometimes two different carb kits are offered, one will be a 'basic' kit, the other will be a 'complete' kit.

Back