Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to put a 5200 up against a Super 250 and a C91, could be interesting.

Randy look at this. Those are my hands on that Super 250. Look at the date on the picture as well, it wasn't that long ago.

attachment.php

No offense, but trust me, you should leave the Super 250 at home if your bringing it up to take on a 5200. At least up to a 32" bar as thats the most I have had on a 5200, but I know it would pull a longer one.

I don't know anything about a C91 so I won't comment on it.

I believe I have one of the older 5200 saws without the outside rib on the oil tank. Mark, those saws are looking good. I would paint mine if I did not use them.

Well I got another one to run, but these needed to come all the way apart and I just couldnt stand to see them put back together looking as bad as they did.

One may get put up but I'm sure the other will get run and scratched up. Thats what there made for. If you had your truck repainted, you would drive it again right?

we need pictures....I have never seen the 4200/5200 without the rib....what holds them together?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Yep, that is an error on my part. They did make a change to the crankcase by adding additional webbing and more material around the front rib. I do not know what I was thinking. Good call. I was also looking under my bench and found anti-vibe super 25 that I forgot was there. Might just have to get it running again.

Just a teaser for you. Here is the first one just about done. I'm going to be making a set of larger double dogs for this one thats why theres none on it yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Damn!!!

You do pretty good work for a grizzled old geezer!!!LOL
I guess painting all those crumpled and beat out fenders over the years helped.

Mike

Looking for a good piston,rings and possibly a good cylinder. If anybody can help hit me up. I will send you a money order asap. Thank you

Thanks Brad, did you get that washer? I procrastinated a couple days sending it.

Yes that is it. Valspar single stage acrylic enamel.

I haven't been home since Monday. We were going to come home tonight, but plans fell through and we're staying another day.

I assume you have to use the correct reducer and hardener with that paint? That really drive the cost of a paint job up. The two saws I painted with acrylic urethane probably cost me $75 each. That's just too much for a chainsaw paint job IMHO. Would you mind me asking what this would cost per saw?

I haven't been home since Monday. We were going to come home tonight, but plans fell through and we're staying another day.

I assume you have to use the correct reducer and hardener with that paint? That really drive the cost of a paint job up. The two saws I painted with acrylic urethane probably cost me $75 each. That's just too much for a chainsaw paint job IMHO. Would you mind me asking what this would cost per saw?

Your right the reducer and hardner really drive up the cost. I have had some leftovers for years and have been useing it up, so that cost was already paid along time ago, so actually it only cost me paint.

I mix and match brands of paint and reducer all the time, and I can tell no difference. Just make sure its the same type, acrylic enamel etc. I think I used Sherwin Williams reducer with the Valspar paint this time. LOL

I just bought a qurart of paint for $40. Cheaper that way then by buying 1/2 pint at a time. These 2 are just the first of 4 that I planned on doing. I figure it cost $10 a saw that way, for just the paint.

Poulan Super XXV parts needed.

Poulan model S25CVA tophandle looking for:

Trigger..........23601

carb housing to case gasket.........19049
carb housing gasket (air box lid)........19074
throttle wire boot...............no pn

Did I say I needed a trigger? ............. Gonna be awkward using a string.:blob2:

Lots of cheap Poulan 2150 (ish) misc parts. Ok, Ok, Wild Thing and smaller to trade.

or maybe just some long green (in small denominations).

Last edited:
Poulan model S25CVA tophandle looking for:

Trigger..........23601

carb housing to case gasket.........19049
carb housing gasket (air box lid)........19074
throttle wire boot...............no pn

Did I say I needed a trigger? ............. Gonna be awkward using a string.:blob2:

Lots of cheap Poulan 2150 (ish) misc parts. Ok, Ok, Wild Thing and smaller to trade.

or maybe just some long green (in small denominations).

The 2 gaskets you can order from Poulan. The throttle wire boot is actually just a square piece of foam, you can make that from a piece of air fliter foam. I think I pointed that out in my fuel line thread.

The trigger will have to come used. I may have one but need to finish up a couple of projects before I dig that stuff out.

Back