Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't someone looking for a PP 236 at one time? One on eBay now but in green.

Poulan Pro 236 | eBay

I recently got a PP236 project in trade. That green saw is a Poulan 2100 or 2400 Woodmaster version. The seller has it mislabeled. The 2100 and 2400 have bare bores and plated pistons (like most Micro series saws), while the PP236 has a plated bore and bare piston (as do the PP235, PP205, and PP185 top handle versions of the Micro). I also have a green 2100. Sears sold a Craftsman grey/black 2.3AV labeled version of the 2400.

I picked up a couple of Orange Poulans this morning. I'm thinking that they're 245's based on the sheetmetal mufflers. Most of the decals are gone and one is missing the AF cover and tank top. Both seem to still have decent compression. Starter housings on both are broken but serviceable. Pics later, gotta go running with the wife and kid. :rock:

Is it just my computer and/or IP, or is AS moving r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y?
I have not seen to many of those 375's show up for sale and the 295's, parts are cheap and always make good runners.

Yep, not many PP375s seen by me. I figure it was the reason for the high bids.
The price seems a little high but thought I would pass the word along
Stihl 031 2 Stihl 034 Poulan Poulan Craftsman 3 7 3700 Chainsaw for Parts | eBay :msp_biggrin::rock:

The seller originally didn't know what the "orange" saw was. I told them it probably was a Poulan 3400 or 3700 rebadged as a Craftsman, looks as though the seller has ID'd it (correctly???) as 3700.
Yea, went for over $200. I was in for a while, very short while!

I was in it too, untill the last minute bidding went crazy :dizzy:.
Wasn't someone looking for a PP 236 at one time? One on eBay now but in green.

Poulan Pro 236 | eBay

I recently got a PP236 project in trade. That green saw is a Poulan 2100 or 2400 Woodmaster version. The seller has it mislabeled. The 2100 and 2400 have bare bores and plated pistons (like most Micro series saws), while the PP236 has a plated bore and bare piston (as do the PP235, PP205, and PP185 top handle versions of the Micro). I also have a green 2100. Sears sold a Craftsman grey/black 2.3AV labeled version of the 2400.

That "236" has been listed several times for $30.00 BIN & free shipping; I always thought that the missing AF & AF cover scared folks away. I have two of the Craftsman rear-handle 2300AVs.

Here's a couple pics of the twins I picked up today.

DSC_0221_zps5f26ec86.jpg

DSC_0220_zps3061c595.jpg

Both have good P/C's and decent compression. I didn't put a gauge on them, but they'll both fire with a little gas dribbled down the carb. If the tank top and AF cover from a 306 will fit, I can complete the one that's missing those parts. Do the starter housings interchange between the 306 and 245?

The one with the roller nose(oregon) still has PS chain on it.
DSC_0222_zpsf9fc3639.jpg

That "236" has been listed several times for $30.00 BIN & free shipping; I always thought that the missing AF & AF cover scared folks away. I have two of the Craftsman rear-handle 2300AVs.

Well, I took care of that. I, too, have a Craftsman Rear Handle 2.3 (2300) AV that I haven't been able to get quite right yet.
I figure between that one and this one I'll get at least one good runner out of it. I like the green color better anyway:rock:.

Back