Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy B-Day Mike

Mopars rule !!! Green ones are even better!!

I hope your Birthday was filled with Green!!

Acorn!!

Have one on me you ole fart. :cheers:

birthday.jpg

Guys,

You will never know how much that helped me!

I have been really hammered since last Friday.
Several of you have heard me brag that I have the worlds greatest Dolmar and Poulan dealer, some of you have even done business with him for hard to find Poulan and Dolmar parts.
I was as close to him as I am a few of youens here and you know that's a BUNCH.
He had been battling some really mean demons for a while and last Friday he stuck a gun to his chest and placed a bullet through his heart. (You wouldn't have to be a sharpshooter to hit it, he was all heart.)
They buried him yesterday on my birthday.
He had just turned 51. A year younger than me.
I would never in a million years have considered that he would have done that, especially in light of the way he worshipped his only son.

So thanks Poulan Guys for cheering my heart a bit and letting me know you care.

Mike

Mike,

I'm also checking in with a late happy birthday for you. Yes we lost a good dealer last week. Have a Dolmar dealer just a half mile from home, but would drive 4hrs once or twice a year just to deal with your buddy. Any chance the son will carry on with the business? Maybe to young or maybe he is into some other field.

Happy Birthday !!! Mike. I hate to say it but the older we get, the more we do look alike. :D:D:D
Must be the gray beard thing. :cry: Or the Hat thing, or the saw thing...LOL

S25DAampAV013_zpsc0a63ed4.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

I could do a lot worse than looking like you old buddy!
I can only dream of being as good a man as you are.
Hopefully for you, I am growing to look like you instead of the other way around!LOL

Mike

Mike,

I'm also checking in with a late happy birthday for you. Yes we lost a good dealer last week. Have a Dolmar dealer just a half mile from home, but would drive 4hrs once or twice a year just to deal with your buddy. Any chance the son will carry on with the business? Maybe to young or maybe he is into some other field.

I asked him about that and he told me that he would like to, but that it was just too early to tell how things were going to play out. Right now Chris (the son) is away at college.
I volunteered to help him after work in the evenings without pay until he could get on his feet, as well as the guy who lives across the street from me who used to work for Melvin.

Mike

I asked him about that and he told me that he would like to, but that it was just too early to tell how things were going to play out. Right now Chris (the son) is away at college.
I volunteered to help him after work in the evenings without pay until he could get on his feet, as well as the guy who lives across the street from me who used to work for Melvin.

Mike

10-4. Sometimes takes a young guy awhile to figure his game plan out. My better half wants this computer so I will head to the shed for awhile....have a good rest of the night.

Mike

Your a class act Mike. Condolences and happy b-day

Poulan S25DA/CVA collection

Thought I'd run my saws seeing as how its been a while. Like to run them occassionally, similar to the Tiger Tanks in "Kelley's Heroes". Every one I started I noticed the chain would either creep or slowly turn while idling.I pulled a couple clutches and had forgotten there was no sprocket bearing for these models. I can only assume the lack of a bearing tends to cause this situation.
Bob

Thought I'd run my saws seeing as how its been a while. Like to run them occassionally, similar to the Tiger Tanks in "Kelley's Heroes". Every one I started I noticed the chain would either creep or slowly turn while idling.I pulled a couple clutches and had forgotten there was no sprocket bearing for these models. I can only assume the lack of a bearing tends to cause this situation.
Bob

Idle speed to high, dirty/gunked up clutch bushings/bearings, lack of lubrication and weak clutch springs can all cause that situation..

Back