Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i miss my 91, loud and all. had to put a piston in it cause the top melted,strange, got hot enough and just caved in. bad casting, no sign of lean running. this is sink hole country after all. i have a nos cylinder for one if anyones in need. no handle brace though.

Did you use two part paint or a rattle can. Good job

I used a rattle can and actually was very impressed with how it laid down, i did prep it very well before spraying as well. i try to be very careful fueling up etc but at the end of the day it is a work tool (horse)!!. i am not a perfectionist by any means.

Injection oil and premix oil is different, don't use injection oil in a premix engine, injection oil is diluted a little for flow. I have checked into it myself awhile back think of doing the opposite for my Yamaha scooter that's oil injected, had to stick with my injected oil. Stay with premix for your saws.

e3ae7cd612834ba93ab8b34a0e483f13.jpg
de072bdf6b49c42555907f488e199f09.jpg
Just got this Saturday, who has a service Manuel on on it, model 25DA.

Latest project. Poulan 2000. The paint was trashed so I stripped it. Ran out of paint and wondered how it would look lightly buffed. I tried to keep some green on the front and with the color match bar. DSCF4097.JPG DSCF4099.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4098.JPG
    DSCF4098.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 11
Question about a 3400.

New diaphragm, swapped oil pump + new diaphragm, old pump + diaphragm and it is still pulling bar oil into crank - not much but enough to wet the muffler and smoke out the shop after a few minutes.

I cannot see how oil could get to the impulse hole on the saw unless it actually passes through the diaphragm itself. I suspect it may be pulling through the case halves from tank to crankcase and resealing is in order? Low hours saw and I hate (want?) to rip it apart (to learn something). My first thought is to clean tank and red-kote but that may be a bit bush league in these parts.

Don't have all the fancy tools/pullers/or tricks of the trade. Nor do I have source for seals and other consumables. I have a shop manual and gasket template from Tim but would like to find some easy work arounds for "special" tools, technique etc. PM me if you are willing to be on call or have an unyielding desire to help the inexperienced. I could probably ship you a 6 pack of local swill for your efforts.

No rush, just planting a seed.

Thanks - Cory

Oil pump diaphragm material update:

The diaphragm material I ordered awhile back for the 3400-4000 series oil pumps seems to be of very good quality. Here is the contact information.

Company and Sales Manager in Burnaby, BC: http://www.neseal.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=4&Itemid=224

Product: http://www.robco.com/content/view/339/87/

I was given the go ahead to post by the company. I was able to purchase a smaller amount and have it shipped. Thao said she can accomodate others when necessary. Give her a call.

FWIW - 1.5 square feet shipped was around $30. I split that order with another member.

Question about a 3400.

New diaphragm, swapped oil pump + new diaphragm, old pump + diaphragm and it is still pulling bar oil into crank - not much but enough to wet the muffler and smoke out the shop after a few minutes.

I cannot see how oil could get to the impulse hole on the saw unless it actually passes through the diaphragm itself. I suspect it may be pulling through the case halves from tank to crankcase and resealing is in order? Low hours saw and I hate (want?) to rip it apart (to learn something). My first thought is to clean tank and red-kote but that may be a bit bush league in these parts.

Don't have all the fancy tools/pullers/or tricks of the trade. Nor do I have source for seals and other consumables. I have a shop manual and gasket template from Tim but would like to find some easy work arounds for "special" tools, technique etc. PM me if you are willing to be on call or have an unyielding desire to help the inexperienced. I could probably ship you a 6 pack of local swill for your efforts.

No rush, just planting a seed.

Thanks - Cory
tting the case isb
I would vote for case halves leaking thus letting oil into the crankcase. Likely sealant is shot. Splitting the case isn't very difficult and no special tools are required. Only need a good Phillipshead bit. As I recall the is something like 7 screws.

I was in Vista Pawn the other day and they had a poulan 3800 in nice shape, it seemed just a little low on compression, but they were asking $199 for it. I couldn't believe they wanted that much for it

I was in Vista Pawn the other day and they had a poulan 3800 in nice shape, it seemed just a little low on compression, but they were asking $199 for it. I couldn't believe they wanted that much for it
must be watchin feepay. got a nice one here, paid 50 or 60... cant remember...
IMG_0146.JPG

Back