Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
95custmz

95custmz

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The older the better. I love vintage saws and would be glad to add anything over 60cc's to the collection. I usually do trades or buy non-running saws to fix on the cheap to feed my CAD. If I spent big money, my wife would probably have me sleeping out in the garage with my saws. LOL

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
The older the better. I love vintage saws and would be glad to add anything over 60cc's to the collection. I usually do trades or buy non-running saws to fix on the cheap to feed my CAD. If I spent big money, my wife would probably have me sleeping out in the garage with my saws. LOL

I actually have fell asleep in the garage more than once and to be honest my saws were in there lol

blk05crew

blk05crew

I like 'em green
Most of you will probably think I'm stupid, but I don't care. I tried to sell my Husqvarna 2100 and wasn't having much luck so I traded it for a Poulan 5200 because I wanted one again after selling all mine. We traded power heads and here are a couple pictures after I got it yesterday and put a bar/chain on. This will actually get used more that my 2100 did.

IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
Picked this up today, seems low hour.
9fcd4e45059759783bf698c860df5959.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Most of you will probably think I'm stupid, but I don't care. I tried to sell my Husqvarna 2100 and wasn't having much luck so I traded it for a Poulan 5200 because I wanted one again after selling all mine. We traded power heads and here are a couple pictures after I got it yesterday and put a bar/chain on. This will actually get used more that my 2100 did.

View attachment 532514
View attachment 532515
View attachment 532516
Sweet saw, I don't think your stupid

Steve

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I don't know what's special about a Husky 2100, but that 5200 to me would be the Holy Grail of saws. Nice find if you ask me. Not to many Poulan around here, used to be a lot of Homies though, dad had a Super XL-12 and pa had a XL-12. When dads bow saw died he bought a 330 Homie which didn't last as long. I was the first to buy a Poulan, then he followed suit, that's all he ever ran after that til I bought a new Echo, then my brother got him one a little smaller that he could handle with out all the weight. I've ran my for about 5 years without any problems, that sold my brother on Echo, of course he a Stil man.

Steve

beavis331

beavis331

Wiggle wiggle wiggle
AS Supporting Member
Great saws. Is that the 49cc version? When you can I'd replace that Lo kickback chain for a more aggressive one. It will cut much better.

Yep 49cc version. My thoughts exactly regarding the chain. the funny thing is I am not sure the previous owner new that the chain could be sharpened. He kept babbling about how this chain was shot and the only way to get a new chain was to special order a new one through Sears. This chain looks almost new, just very dull.

Hoggwood

Hoggwood

Dumpster saw enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.

FWIW Nate, I see exactly zero 5200's up here for every 10 2100's. Smart move.

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have an old P 4018 WT that was given to me, guy said he was starting to spend a lot of money on it, I called it neglect, new starter rope, slight mm and carb adjustments and new p bulb and line set and new filters. Been running hard for four years with no trouble, minus new lines this year. Good lil saws.

Steve

Latest posts