Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 682320 View attachment 682321 Thought you guys would think this is cool. Saw is nothing special, but I picked this little 1800 up today that has never had fuel put to it. It's a brand new saw with a price tag still on it. Unfortunately don't have the bar in new condition.
I like the random price tag . Would leave it on ..... and pipe it !

I've actually riden one of those things. Crazy fast. I had to leave it alone. I was over 50 years old when I rode it after repairing it and I nearly crashed it. I can't trust myself with speed. Really bad judgment regarding fun vs danger and going fast has always been a lot of fun for me.
I don't think putting a performance pipe on any of my saws is in the cards for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So I put a carb kit and the duckbill and new gas lines Todd sent me in my buddies Craftsman badged 3400. First one I have touched. After adding the 20 inch bar I had and tuning the carb I now understand why everyone loves this model. Super easy to work on and lots of power and good weight yet mostly real metal construction. Now I really want a 3400!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Start off with the 3400, if not enough power, find you a 3700 p/c, still not, go all the way the the 4000 p/c. I love my 3700 build, lots of power and grunt. I tried to stall it out on some oak one day, leaned hard on the bow some and just kept going. They don't rev to the stratosphere but the have torque, to me that's what count.

Steve

Start off with the 3400, if not enough power, find you a 3700 p/c, still not, go all the way the the 4000 p/c. I love my 3700 build, lots of power and grunt. I tried to stall it out on some oak one day, leaned hard on the bow some and just kept going. They don't rev to the stratosphere but the have torque, to me that's what count.

Steve
You know, if I had to pick one,it would be the 3700. So close in power to a 4000 that its hard to tell the difference.

Yes to that. The one I was on had a power band that was like a nitrous **** once you hit it. It was quick outside of this rpm range but when you got into the happy zone it almost felt like it would take off and leave you behind.
Been there on my 1972 Yamaha MX 500 scary fast when you came into the pipe range. Got bucked off on the sand dunes 2 broken, hurt like hell

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back